Sign in to follow this  
n2horns

Alaska fishing trip recommendations

I am looking to setup a guys fishing trip for my cousins this year to Alaska. 

Looking for recommendations to do an ocean and or inland trip for a few days. Most likely we will fly in and need car and lodging.

Any suggestion would be appreciated as well as best time to go.

Andrew

When I went we fished seward for halibut and silver salmon. We then drove to homer for two halibut charters. We rented a motor home and it worked out great. The trip was in late august and the fishing was great.

I can recommend a great guy, born and raised in Arizona, for a charter out of Homer.  PM me if you're interested.

3 hours ago, 5guyshunting said:

If you fly into Anchorage don't forget to hit The Great Alaskan Bush Co.😏

Don't they still have one in Phoenix?

• Like 1

Used to, trphyhntr would know for sure, used to be out on the west side. You could even bring your own beer.

1 hour ago, wildwoody said:

Used to, trphyhntr would know for sure, used to be out on the west side. You could even bring your own beer.

Yes, been many times. 

• Like 1

Back in 2003, my wife and I took our belated honeymoon to Alaska.  She let me book us a halibut fishing trip.  I hit the button on the Homer Chamber of Commerce website that said "I'm interested in fishing".  The postcards and letters from everyone with a raft started piling in.  I opened one letter and it had a hand written note from the captain.  He was born in AZ, tried UofA and NAU, but decided to move to Alaska to go fishing.  He saw that we lived in Tucson, named a couple of choice restaurants, and hoped we were safe from the 2002 Bullock Fire.  I knew immediately that was our guy.  Had one of the best days of fishing ever with him.  Great guy with a great perspective on the world!

http://www.fishinghomeralaska.com/

• Like 1

I have been fishing in Alaska 26 times. I am going to fish the Nushagak river out of Dillingham week of June 17th. That is prime for King salmon and the best king fishing in Alaska. We can catch 100 fish a day for four of us and all in the 20 to 50 pound class. You might want to try Sitka in late May or June. Beautiful town and the best scenery in Alaska. Kings, halibut, lingcod. Most people fly to Anchorage and drive to Soldotna and Homer for salmon and halibut but that is a zoo and I only did that three trips. July and August for silver salmon. Have fun.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ringer said:

I have been fishing in Alaska 26 times. I am going to fish the Nushagak river out of Dillingham week of June 17th. That is prime for King salmon and the best king fishing in Alaska. We can catch 100 fish a day for four of us and all in the 20 to 50 pound class. You might want to try Sitka in late May or June. Beautiful town and the best scenery in Alaska. Kings, halibut, lingcod. Most people fly to Anchorage and drive to Soldotna and Homer for salmon and halibut but that is a zoo and I only did that three trips. July and August for silver salmon. Have fun.

Listen to this guy.  Spend the money and go somewhere everybody and their brother can't drive to from Anchorage.  I was up there last summer and the Kenai fishing was terrible.