Sign in to follow this  
CJNAZ

Speed goats removed from Prescott Valley area

I chased a giant buck at the base of Glassford hill back in the 19A glory days. Parked at the high school, jumped the fence and crawled through the grass playing cat and mouse for hours.

Another day we were on the south end of Glassford chasing lope in the canyons like they were whitetails. Some homeowner saw me putting a sneak on and turned her dogs and two kids out to chase the goats off.

That was back when there were over 100 tags for each archery hunt and you could draw it ever 3-4 yrs. It’s a dang shame to watch that herd fragment and dissolve.

• Like 2

I remember those days, that's when some guy stuck one by the preschool and gutted it out right in front of the kids during recess, didn't go over well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

That is my biggest conflict with living in Chino Valley.  My house is located on ground that was antelope range not too long ago.  When I moved here, I had antelope outside my yard.  Now there are blocks of development between me and the antelope.   Almost all the land on which the antelope live, from Prescott Valley to Paulden, is private property and most of it has plans for development over the next 10 to 20 years.  Almost all the antelope herd will, ultimately, be eliminated in 19a.  There is enough State land that, if preserved, could support some antelope close to the foothills and Prescott National Forest, but most of the wide open valley is going to turn to metro.   Sad

On 1/31/2019 at 7:09 AM, wildwoody said:

I remember those days, that's when some guy stuck one by the preschool and gutted it out right in front of the kids during recess, didn't go over well.

On the way home...mommy got them a Happy Meal with extra Nuggets to ease the pain of seeing a dead animal.

• Like 2