JBenz63

When you’re upset you don’t draw

I found this regulation booklet helping some family move.Since it’s application season I figured I would post this. Amazing how many more tags we issue now

6BDB6388-4939-4E44-93D9-952E7DABD817.jpeg

50528769-B965-44C3-8BBC-14ED22F0A24B.jpeg

F4941E0F-F265-4054-BEC1-B296F9BF1600.jpeg

482D20B4-8F0B-4F9F-8706-AC4477D54373.jpeg

Doesn't that have the deer hunts also? Can you post pics of them? 

I will say there is a lot more elk in 22 now the back then but the bulls were a lot bigger, $$$

My archery elk unit actually had more tags back then.

edit. I was wrong. Was looking at wrong line. 

22 minutes ago, wildwoody said:

I will say there is a lot more elk in 22 now the back then but the bulls were a lot bigger, $$$

395 bull tags in 22n then,1280 now. Most are rag horns and spikes now. There are not 3x as many elk now.

Did not say 3x more , just said more, and they don't hang in the open like they used 2.

• Like 1

More applications + more tags + increased application fees + increased tag fees. All across the board it's been costing more and more each year just to apply. And not too far in the past, you could opt to only buy a license if drawn - no more. Out of state applicants have it even worse, but it's like that in all the SW states these days. Hunting has changed from a simple, cheap means of getting meat on the table to a very lucrative "cash cow". 

That said, I think we have it better here in AZ than just about anywhere else. Yeah, it's getting pricey, but still have some of the best resources around. I've got a family of 5 and when you start adding up all the costs involved just to get licenses and apply it really adds up fast. If you want to expand to NM. CO, UT - it is a "pay to play" game. 

However, this is what we love to do. It's our passion, and passing that down to the next generation is priceless. 

• Like 8

Used to have to wait three years to apply again after getting drawn for elk.

• Like 1

I'll also say this. One of my favorite things is seeing youth hunters out there with family and friends. I don't always agree with what G&F is doing, but when it comes to youth hunting, AZ G&F has done an amazing job. I've seen more hunt stories around families hunting together on these youth hunts than I can count. 

To all the dads and moms out there taking their kids hunting and showing them what a wholesome experience it is - Thank You. That's what we need. 

26 minutes ago, Flatlander said:

Please post a pic of the archery cow hunts.

The last image with archery has the cow hunts. I did miss “anterless” while taking the photo. I will post the deer section up later this afternoon