JBenz63

When you’re upset you don’t draw

5 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

How long has he been applying since?

every year since 2008

edit... he did draw another juniors tag in 2012 btw, his last year for a junior's hunt. 

33 minutes ago, 1uofacat said:

every year since 2008

edit... he did draw another juniors tag in 2012 btw, his last year for a junior's hunt. 

sounds like theres plenty of opportunity for youth hunters 

Any reading material to suggest for those of us that get upset if we do draw?  My dumb butt put a late hunt for 1st choice by accident instead of the early archery bull!  Doh!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Heat said:

Any reading material to suggest for those of us that get upset if we do draw?  My dumb butt put a late hunt for 1st choice by accident instead of the early archery bull!  Doh!

oh lawd. do you have a lot of points? point guard?

Point guard yes, lots of points, no.  I got drawn and stuck one in 2017.  Only 3 points this go round.  Heck, might even have a good time camping in the wall tent and be able to use the wood stove for once!

• Like 1

Can anyone here verify whether a rejected card during the draw no longer results in a lost loyalty point?  Thats assuming you have a valid app to start with?  Would rather not draw that tag by mistake and have to pay for it.  If I can keep my loyalty point and get my bonus point, I'm changing my card number tomorrow to a bogus one!

1 hour ago, Heat said:

Can anyone here verify whether a rejected card during the draw no longer results in a lost loyalty point?  Thats assuming you have a valid app to start with?  Would rather not draw that tag by mistake and have to pay for it.  If I can keep my loyalty point and get my bonus point, I'm changing my card number tomorrow to a bogus one!

I tried this last year and it didn’t work. The system can detect a bogus card number. I changed my expiration date but the charge still went through. Ended up point guarding in the same situation last year.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

Kids don’t care about what tag they get. Unless the parents make them feel like they have to have a bull tag 

How many kids you got (only count the ones who know you’re their dad)?

You don’t know what you’re talking about.

5 minutes ago, Flatlander said:

How many kids you got (only count the ones who know you’re their dad)?

You don’t know what you’re talking about.

I know enough kids to know they don’t need a bull tag to get into hunting. 

16 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

And if a kid is so butt hurt that he quits hunting because he didn’t get a bull tag then the sport wasn’t for him to begin with 

Now you’re just making stuff up. Ain’t nobody said that crap.

1 hour ago, Heat said:

Just call your credit card company and suspend the card for a couple days. 

Regarding your loyalty point question, according to the AZGFD website, as long as you satisfy the criteria with a “valid application” you do keep it.  Also, if you look in the regs,  R12-4-107-L verifies their website statement: 

What is a valid application? 
A valid application is one that has all required fields completed, is submitted with sufficient fees, and is legible. Refer to R12-4-104 for detailed application and drawing procedures.

A Loyalty bonus point can also be earned per species, if an applicant submits a valid application at least once a year for a hunt permit-tag or bonus point for that species consecutively for a 5­year period. An applicant retains the loyalty bonus point once accrued as long as the applicant continues to submit a valid application for that species at least once a year.

• Like 1

The draw is an imperfect system. Sometimes people with tons of points don't draw. Sometimes people with low or no points draw - even hard-to-draw tags. That's just how it is, but it doesn't  help anyone to try and make it seem unfair.

Each year we wait on the draw results, and either we're happy with the outcome or not. 

Being smart, reading the rules, using the information supplied by G&F to bolster the odds of you or someone in your family getting a tag is just being proactive in the draw process. 

Of course there are a lot of opportunities to get a tag if you are a youth hunter. That's a good thing. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Flatlander said:

Now you’re just making stuff up. Ain’t nobody said that crap.

you said waiting till they’re 15 to hunt a cow isn’t good for recruitment 

On 2/13/2019 at 7:53 PM, Flatlander said:

Telling a kid to wait until he is 15 to hunt cows is not good for recruitment.

See. There is the crap that no one said. are you going to apologize for calling me a liar?

• Like 1