JBenz63

When you’re upset you don’t draw

So is the question, "Do kids quit hunting because they aren't drawn"  OR " Do kids learn to love hunting because they are drawn"? 

From my perspective, and I have 3 sons that have done very well over the years. If it weren't for our state's youth hunts, they wouldn't have had the opportunities and successes they have had. 

I'm all for youth hunts - from the perspective of a dad, and that of someone who wants to see the next generation understand and relish what we sometimes take for granted.

• Like 3

There’s left over deer tags every single season if parents really wanted opportunity for their kids. I’m not anti youth hunts. But i am anti bull youth hunts and anti youth rut deer hunts. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

See. There is the crap that no one said. are you going to apologize for calling me a liar?

Sure, as long as you can find somewhere that I said kids deserved bull tags. Or that some kid will get butt hurt about not getting bull tags.

3 minutes ago, Flatlander said:

Sure, as long as you can find somewhere that I said kids deserved bull tags. Or that some kid will get butt hurt about not getting bull tags.

wow. 

Doesn't everyone have the right to apply as long there of legal age, I always used to put my kids in for bull tags . They did great , better then me. Memories that can never be forgotten. It's a lottery. I've won and I lost, you can't lose if you don't play..  Sorry proceed you to.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Do cow tags take 5 years to draw. You can put in at 10 right? 

Youth tags yes for sure. 

• Like 1

Just now, wildwoody said:

Youth tags yes for sure. 

Youth tags take longer to draw then the general hunts? Well why not put them in for the general hunts? I’m failing to see a problem here

• Like 1

Many of us grew up in the same system, we’re all still hunting. buck deer rifle tags, javelina, small game, turkey, bear, otc archery deer. I can’t see how elk tag makes the difference in getting your kid to hunt.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Youth tags take longer to draw then the general hunts? Well why not put them in for the general hunts? I’m failing to see a problem here

I guess its all about getting out before the crowds, the youth deer hunts seem to shoot the biggest bucks on average.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Heat said:

Can anyone here verify whether a rejected card during the draw no longer results in a lost loyalty point?  Thats assuming you have a valid app to start with?  Would rather not draw that tag by mistake and have to pay for it.  If I can keep my loyalty point and get my bonus point, I'm changing my card number tomorrow to a bogus one!

Why mess with your credit card info and risk it? Just buy PointGuard and use that. 

Maybe he doesn't want to pay for the tag.  If I read it correctly, even if you turn in the tag and get your points back, you still have to pay for the tag.  Is that right?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, azelkhunter69 said:

Maybe he doesn't want to pay for the tag.  If I read it correctly, even if you turn in the tag and get your points back, you still have to pay for the tag.  Is that right?

Yes, that is correct.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AZ8 said:

Just call your credit card company and suspend the card for a couple days. 

Regarding your loyalty point question, according to the AZGFD website, as long as you satisfy the criteria with a “valid application” you do keep it.  Also, if you look in the regs,  R12-4-107-L verifies their website statement: 

What is a valid application? 
A valid application is one that has all required fields completed, is submitted with sufficient fees, and is legible. Refer to R12-4-104 for detailed application and drawing procedures.

A Loyalty bonus point can also be earned per species, if an applicant submits a valid application at least once a year for a hunt permit-tag or bonus point for that species consecutively for a 5­year period. An applicant retains the loyalty bonus point once accrued as long as the applicant continues to submit a valid application for that species at least once a year.

Can't call the company and suspend the card because I have my wifes elk apps and also our pronghorn apps on the same card.  Best I can do given the situation is to switch my elk app to a different card, then lock or suspend it during the draw, then unlock it after the dust settles leaving all the other apps as is on the original card.

• Like 1