JBenz63

When you’re upset you don’t draw

I hate how some are abusing the point guard. I know a guy who’s had 3 unit 10 early archery bull tags in a row. Drew the first year on his own with a ton of points. Then the second year put in with his mom who had a ton of points. They bought point guard, so turned her tag in. Then put in again together for the third year and drew it again. Luckily there’s karma and he only killed his first year haha

6 minutes ago, hunthard said:

I hate how some are abusing the point guard. I know a guy who’s had 3 unit 10 early archery bull tags in a row. Drew the first year on his own with a ton of points. Then the second year put in with his mom who had a ton of points. They bought point guard, so turned her tag in. Then put in again together for the third year and drew it again. Luckily there’s karma and he only killed his first year haha

67b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If you change your card or give a bogus card #, game and fish does  not get the $13 app fee.  I believe you will lose your loyalty point for five years.   At least it was for me when I missed up on a hand written app a few years ago I lost mine for a “incomplete” application. But game and fish still took their $13.  Sob’s    Sure think it could turn out the same for you.  

Never mind^^^ just thought that through.  I sent a check on with paper app.  They already got your $13.  Sorry brain fart

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, grey curse said:

Never mind^^^ just thought that through.  I sent a check on with paper app.  They already got your $13.  Sorry brain fart

Its all good man.  I know all about "brain fart".  That's how I ended up in this mess in the first place, LOL!

54 minutes ago, hunthard said:

Guys have been kinda doing the same thing for years, getting guys with tons of points to put in with them buying them bows and getting them bulls the first couple days so they can hunt the Giants.  It's the way the system is set up.  Might as well take advantage of it.  Just like taxes...  You use every loophole you can that is legal....

• Like 2

Isn't the average between the 2 hunters, like if I had 20 and my friend had 10 would it average out to 15 ?

• Like 2

OK, so I take it must point pounders are using them for archery? Also can't you only use point guard once?

1 hour ago, buffhunter said:

Guys have been kinda doing the same thing for years, getting guys with tons of points to put in with them buying them bows and getting them bulls the first couple days so they can hunt the Giants.  It's the way the system is set up.  Might as well take advantage of it.  Just like taxes...  You use every loophole you can that is legal....

2 hours ago, hunthard said:

There is always a way to work the system.  This is no worse than the guys a few years back that were "selling" their points...basically had a ton of points and would put in with someone that had less for a price.  That was actually worse in my opinion.  Some people really abuse the system, but that is always going to happen.  I've seen videos of kids of outfitters where the kid just wanted to shoot any deer and go home because he was cold but the dad/outfitter wouldn't let him because he wanted to make a video of his kid shooting  a monster so they could advertise and brag.  And it was like the kid's 3rd Kaibab late tag because the dad had been putting in his wife and all the grandparents for BP's for years just for this purpose.  Now, that I didn't agree with. 

Pointguard definitely was a good idea for people that draw but then life happens.  But, it definitely can be used for reasons that were unintended.  Me, I absolutely love to hunt, and in a state where it is increasingly hard to draw, I am going to use every legal means necessary to draw a tag.  I study reports, don't put in for the "premium" hunts, etc.  I have drawn probably 5 archery bull tags and last year was the 1st year I drew with as many as 6 bps.  Before that, the most I had was 4.  I have been pretty lucky in the draw also.  Recently, my daughter decided she has no interest in hunting.  Well, I have been putting her in for BP's for elk since she was 10, assuming that when she got big enough she would want to go.  Now she is sitting on 7 points and doesn't want to hunt.  So, like it or not, I am putting in with her this year so I avg. out to 5 bps. and bought her Pointguard so I can do it again if we get drawn.  Am I an evil person for using the current system we have to work with?  I don't think so, but I am sure many others will.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, wildwoody said:

OK, so I take it must point pounders are using them for archery? Also can't you only use point guard once?

Yes, you can turn the tag in once.  Next time you have to keep it.  AND, pay for 2 tags both times...if you put in with someone else.  I figure paying for 2 tags is still cheaper than going out of state.

23 minutes ago, azelkhunter69 said:

There is always a way to work the system.  This is no worse than the guys a few years back that were "selling" their points...basically had a ton of points and would put in with someone that had less for a price.  That was actually worse in my opinion.  Some people really abuse the system, but that is always going to happen.  I've seen videos of kids of outfitters where the kid just wanted to shoot any deer and go home because he was cold but the dad/outfitter wouldn't let him because he wanted to make a video of his kid shooting  a monster so they could advertise and brag.  And it was like the kid's 3rd Kaibab late tag because the dad had been putting in his wife and all the grandparents for BP's for years just for this purpose.  Now, that I didn't agree with. 

Pointguard definitely was a good idea for people that draw but then life happens.  But, it definitely can be used for reasons that were unintended.  Me, I absolutely love to hunt, and in a state where it is increasingly hard to draw, I am going to use every legal means necessary to draw a tag.  I study reports, don't put in for the "premium" hunts, etc.  I have drawn probably 5 archery bull tags and last year was the 1st year I drew with as many as 6 bps.  Before that, the most I had was 4.  I have been pretty lucky in the draw also.  Recently, my daughter decided she has no interest in hunting.  Well, I have been putting her in for BP's for elk since she was 10, assuming that when she got big enough she would want to go.  Now she is sitting on 7 points and doesn't want to hunt.  So, like it or not, I am putting in with her this year so I avg. out to 5 bps. and bought her Pointguard so I can do it again if we get drawn.  Am I an evil person for using the current system we have to work with?  I don't think so, but I am sure many others will. 

While what you're doing is not necessarily worse, you are IMO no better than the guys who "sold" their points in the past.  I'm not going to pass judgement on whether or not that makes you "evil", but you are knowingly abusing the system in a way it was not intended, and to myself that's wrong because by so-doing people who abuse the system are potentially stealing tags from other "honest" applicants, loophole or not.  Here's hoping it doesn't work out for those who knowingly abuse the system!  I'd personally rather see someone with no bonus points get a tag than someone who is knowingly abusing the system to increase their odds against others who aren't. 

This comes down to morals.  If there was a loophole that allowed "buddy hunting", would you do it because you could legally "get away with it"?  If you found a wallet on the ground with a lot of money and someone's ID would you return it?  What if they were robbed at gunpoint and the "thief" by accident dropped the wallet on the ground and you found it?  What if it was your wallet?  Would you want someone to return it to you?  There's no law that says you have to... 

It comes down to right & wrong... we all know what that is.  & BTW, we all love to hunt, so don't justify your reason to abuse the system just because you love to hunt where it is increasingly hard to draw, and you can get away with it. 

BTW, there is no law that says you can't legally take a game camera left on a tree in the forest either, but I believe most of us know the "unspoken" law that it's wrong to do so.  Would you take game cameras too?  Is increasing your odds "unfairly, but 'legally'" and therefore potentially taking another hunter's tag any different?

If by chance you do get drawn, I sincerely hope you take your daughter out and let her hunt with you.  The benefits of even a few days in the field with her will likely more than outweigh any benefit you get by abusing the system we have, regardless of whether or not others do it.

just my thoughts...

Wow.

I had no idea people were openly doing this. I have plenty of people I'm going to be buying bonus points for now to keep up. Srs