Sign in to follow this  
Jazz

Firewood Run

From New River- What's the closest spot to get some wood that isn't snowed under?

26 minutes ago, Jazz said:

From New River- What's the closest spot to get some wood that isn't snowed under?

Been a while since I went but there’s a lot of areas up by Mayer n Prescott

Depends on what kind of wood you are looking for. Then decide which National Forest is closest. Go to the Ranger Office and see which permit to buy.

• Like 1

When I think of permits I’m thinking like Jacob lake, a deuce and a half groaning from the 8000 pieces of wood in the back.

would I need a permit for filling a 5 x 8 trailer with scraps already on the ground?

if I do, so be it.. but if that’s a requirement, I’m thinking the process is broken. 

I think if your cutting some for day use when you're camping you are ok but if you are planning on taking that much and hauling it out you need a permit

7 hours ago, PRDATR said:

I think if your cutting some for day use when you're camping you are ok but if you are planning on taking that much and hauling it out you need a permit

Yep. What he said. 

6 minutes ago, oz31p said:

Is it worth the gas money? It’s $100 for a pickup bed full already cut in town 

There used to be a yard on Washington street and i17 ..... when he closed that yard down he said he was going  to north Phoenix and i17 somewhere. Is that the place you're talking about? If so,  do you know where he is located at now?

He would fill the bed of your truck with cut wood for $100.

It’s on  Dixileta and 17 but there are several  fire Wood yards around the valley that will fill your bed for $100

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, oz31p said:

It’s on  Dixileta and 17 but there are several  fire Wood yards around the valley that will fill your bed for $100

Really? Where?  I’ll go tomorrow and is it juniper?

As fate would have it, the neighbor is selling a car hauling trailer. It’ll work for water totes, Polaris rangers and lotsa logs. There’s a ranger station selling permits south of stoneman lake. With luck I’ll get enough for at least a cord. I do like the dixelta option when I don’t have time.. 100 bucks for a pickup full isn’t bad!