Jazz

Elk draw website down

Some of you guys got your wish.  The draw deadline has been extended.  Seems to me like the more they tinker with the draw app, the worse it gets.  This version seems more convoluted than ever before.  

• Like 2

I’m curious to see how many guys didn’t notice that even after purchasing a new license it doesn’t automatically update when you go to apply for elk/lope.  You have to manually put in your new hunt number. Gonna get a lot of people 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wildwoody said:

Hay when the last day to put in, sometime this week right, I'm gonna do it tonight.

Don’t sweat it, you got till next week. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Coues assassin said:

I’m curious to see how many guys didn’t notice that even after purchasing a new license it doesn’t automatically update when you go to apply for elk/lope.  You have to manually put in your new hunt number. Gonna get a lot of people 

Mine updated as well as the 9 other people I put in. 

1 minute ago, Greenback said:

Mine updated as well as the 9 other people I put in. 

Must be different then my scenario. I always buy a new license for this draw cycle. Which means my license expired 2/13/19 which made it still good when I put in. However your license number that you list when applying must be one that is valid at the time of the actual draw not the application deadline. So I had to buy a new license and even after purchasing a new license online first it didn’t put that new hunt number in the box I had to delete the one that was going to expire and put in my new purchased one.

29 minutes ago, Coues assassin said:

Must be different then my scenario. I always buy a new license for this draw cycle. Which means my license expired 2/13/19 which made it still good when I put in. However your license number that you list when applying must be one that is valid at the time of the actual draw not the application deadline. So I had to buy a new license and even after purchasing a new license online first it didn’t put that new hunt number in the box I had to delete the one that was going to expire and put in my new purchased one.

5 of the apps I did were with brand new licenses. Not sure what the difference was on those but I crossed checked and they were indeed the new license numbers. Strange. 

39 minutes ago, Coues assassin said:

The way I read it they have to be valid at deadline off application.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, stanley said:

Is he actually giving out unit numbers?   That would be a little bit too much, IMO.

Like a lot of us, I have seen shows where I recognize a landmark or something but I have never known a TV dude to actually release detailed info or unit numbers.

To be fair,  Newberg has never given out unit numbers. In fact,  he specifically says and writes in his videos that he won't disclose the unit he's hunting.  

Now,  alot of us locals will recognize landmarks,  but nothing more.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, wish2hunt said:

The way I read it they have to be valid at deadline off application.

^^ This is correct.  I'm curious to see if Coues Assassin's app goes through.  Depends on the start date of the license I guess.  If it is dated later than Feb. 12th, then technically it is not valid on the draw deadline date and the app. should be rejected.  I guess it still could go through since they have the license that is good through the 13th on record.  I would be interested to see how this works out.

3 hours ago, Coues assassin said:

What date did you have the new license start?

14 minutes ago, 5guyshunting said:

I keep my license the way it used to be. 1/1/2019 to 12/31/19 problem solved if there is one.

Only thing easier is the lifetime.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, CouesPursuit said:

Only thing easier is the lifetime.

That’s what I did several years ago. Sure makes it nice now. One less thing to worry about.

• Like 3