Jazz

Elk draw website down

5 hours ago, azelkhunter69 said:

What date did you have the new license start?

I had my new license start 2/12/2019 for that exact reason In case I was wrong, wouldn’t be the first time. Does anyone know where it says valid by app deadline and not actual time of draw?

There is no way for them to see if you went and bought a license at a retailer the day it expired. Im sure they dont get their info from retailers to quick, I dont think theh could reject your app for an expired license.

7 hours ago, Coues assassin said:

I had my new license start 2/12/2019 for that exact reason In case I was wrong, wouldn’t be the first time. Does anyone know where it says valid by app deadline and not actual time of draw?

Page 8 of the regs., under Qualifications.  

An applicant must possess a license (including lifetime, pioneer or disabled veteran’s) that is valid on the last day of the application deadline for that draw. Youth applying for big game hunts must be licensed. If an applicant does not have a license that meets that requirement, he or she must purchase the license at the time of application.

Wonder how that works this year....you know, since we had two "last" days.  SMH.  What a cluster.

Why can't people just put in during the 1 month they give you, probably the same people who borrow money and never pay it back, so now people who put in on time may be screwed, that's bullshit, I was always taught you snooze you loose. Every year same crap.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, AZBIG10 said:

90% of the people who put in past the deadline draw tags. That’s why. It’s a glitch 

Met a kid on a unit 1 bull hunt in 2013 who put in during the 2 day extension. He was drawn with no points. Been skeptical ever since 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The extended date has no affect.

You could buy a license in December with a start date of Feb 12 and then apply early January before the license is even valid. As noted, AZ sells paper licenses which create a multitude of problems and vulnerabilities.