bonecollector

Arrow tree

One thing cool about the mountain is its history. Fort Apache, how Pinetop became a place (bar for soldiers), the old rail road and Maverick. I still love going into Charlie Clark's in the bar area where there are caricatures of generations of locals cover the walls, and go hey I know him and him.... The mountain has changed a lot over the years, but it's still a place where every face, every family has a history. And the older SOB rancher you can share a beer with, the richer that history becomes for you, personally.

That arrow tree - it's part of our history, part of our legacy. Luckily, all three of my sons got to see it in its glory days, and appreciated what it stood for.  

• Like 7

Maybe someone should put a camera out to catch all the dumb rednecks shooting their arrows in to a tree.  LOL😶

I wish whoever retrieved the fallen tree would donate it to one of the town establishments in Alpine so it could be a monument. Everyone's comments on here endorses how special that tree is. Perhaps its place should be in front of the Forest Service building since it was USFS property that we all own after all.

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, Alpinebullwinkle said:

I wish whoever retrieved the fallen tree would donate it to one of the town establishments in Alpine so it could be a monument. Everyone's comments on here endorses how special that tree is. Perhaps its place should be in front of the Forest Service building since it was USFS property that we all own after all.

I agree that it should be preserved.

Rumor has it, it will be displayed inside Trailriders in Eagar

• Like 4

Rumors, sell the arrows on eBay.. Most guys have no clue there shooting and why..

55 minutes ago, bonecollector said:

Thats a different guy than i know that picked up the tree. 

Probably quite a few pieces.

• Like 1