Sign in to follow this  
Heat

Legendary Bowhunter Dwight Schuh has passed away

Had the distinct pleasure of meeting Dwight Schuh at the Bowsite Gathering at the Pope and Young Convention in Phoenix a number of years back.  He was a humble and friendly man that we all can aspire to be like.  He was an inspiration to me for decades.  I pray for peace for all of his family and friends.  Lets hear your stories about Dwight if you have them.  We lost a good one boys, but Heaven gained a great one!

• Like 3

I have a couple of his books that he signed from the 1980's. His articles were the highlight of Bowhunter magazine for a couple decades. I still have one of his nylon framed three piece packs. Carried out quite a few bucks with it. Sad to hear of his passing.

• Like 3

Knew him fairly well.....always spoke with him  at P&Y Conventions over the years.  Would alsways thank me for my service as a lawman......won’t ever forget that.  About 6 years ago he was on the same flight as me, my wife and kids......my son sat next to him......he was great and talked Bowhunting and the importance of school with him the entire flight.  Class act for sure.......and IMO wrote the best Bowhunting mule deer book EVER.......will miss you, DS.  

• Like 7

45 minutes ago, BOHNTR said:

Knew him fairly well.....always spoke with him  at P&Y Conventions over the years.  Would alsways thank me for my service as a lawman......won’t ever forget that.  About 6 years ago he was on the same flight as me, my wife and kids......my son sat next to him......he was great and talked Bowhunting and the importance of school with him the entire flight.  Class act for sure.......and IMO wrote the best Bowhunting mule deer book EVER.......will miss you, DS.  

Sorry Roy, I only met him once but he was a genuine, honorable man that touched many lives.  Thanks for sharing.

I still have VHS tapes featuring him and Larry D. Jones. They were an inspiration to me in my younger days, elk and deer hunting with a bow. I remember trying to stalk deer in my socks, like Dwight. I had mixed results in the AZ desert 😲

Rest in peace Dwight

• Like 2

i read everything i could from dwight.  he kind of "mentored" me in that way for bowhunting.  Bowhunter magazine is the only magazine i get, and i got it just so i could read Dwight.

• Like 1