Pistolpete

Howdy

Figure I ought to introduce myself before posting. I'm 27 years old, been hunting for about the last 7. Only serious Hunter in my family and group of friends, guess some are born with it. Got a degree in Parks and Rec from NAU and I've worked as a Wrangler/trail guide, assistant park Ranger, wildlife tech on a high dollar South Texas deer ranch, pink jeep guide in sedona, zip line guide in the redwoods, Backcountry packer in the idaho sawtooths and now am working on a contract with the BLM in Kingman. I like to hunt just about everything, small and big game. I mainly shoot rifles, shotguns and my bow in that order. Had an exciting archery season but couldn't seal the deal. Looking forward to getting out there more this year, learning some new country, meeting some good people and seeing lots of game. 

Cheers

• Like 9

Sounds like you do some fun stuff! Welcome to the site. Do you live in AZ? Where'd you hunt this past season?

Welcome to the site.  This is an Amazing place to meet some great people and get great advice!

• Like 2

Man, you’ve done some cool azz jobs! Tons of great hunting here in Arizona, including small game. Good gambel quail hunting up your way, especially after good winter rains. 

Welcome!

Welcome! What type of wildlife other than whitetail deer did they have on the South Texas ranch?

1 hour ago, brademan76 said:

Welcome! What type of wildlife other than whitetail deer did they have on the South Texas ranch?

We managed for trophy whitetails but sold hunts for quail, Javi, pigs, doves, predators (LOTS of bobcats) and turkeys. Name of the ranch is Herradura if you're interested, owned by a famous MLB pitcher with lots of rich and famous friends.  George strait, Willie Robertson Jason Aldean Luke Bryan and the rest of the buck commanders all came to hunt while I was there

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AZ8 said:

Man, you’ve done some cool azz jobs! Tons of great hunting here in Arizona, including small game. Good gambel quail hunting up your way, especially after good winter rains. 

Welcome!

Got after some quail this year but have them a break after seeing how low the numbers are. Good thing it's been raining 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CatfishKev said:

Sounds like you do some fun stuff! Welcome to the site. Do you live in AZ? Where'd you hunt this past season?

I live in Kingman now, grew up in the valley and spent time up north too. I hunted the south cerbats and 18B for deer this year

• Like 1