Ernesto C

Another Amazing Hunt in Sonora Mexico

We had a blast, from the begining all the way to the end. Laughing all the time :) We crossed the border and like always no issues and very easy. We made it to the ranch. Arnie wanted to make sure his rifle was still zeroed in after his airplane flight...to make a long story short, after 7 or 8 shots at the paper plate guess what? A decent buck walks by the target and Arnie takes him :) can you believe that??!? Target shooting and a nice buck walks by the target! 😫 😊

Arnies with hes nice buck!

1425004334_Arniesbuck.thumb.jpg.bdab39f2551c051b2e9734e26f8710ed.jpg

On a different area of the ranch, Clayton made a great shot on this beautiful buck

12123879_Claytonsbuck.jpeg.53e08eaf07ff0e3daf491bdf9172b919.jpeg

My buddy Kyle was after a very big buck that he and Clay had glassed about 1000 yards away.  He did not know that the ridge where he glassed the buck was the same ridge I was on. I did not know that the buck he was after was only 200 yards from me.  After talking to him on the radio I told him and Clay to move and hike the knoll what was infront of them so they can see down and have a better position to shoot the buck. The buck was at the bottom of the ridge or canyon. While I was waiting for them to get to the top of the knoll, I glassed the top of the ridge infront of me (same ridge where the buck they were after was) and OMG!! I saw a giant buck walking from left to right! I felt like if me eyes open wide open! Big main bean long tines I wanted to shoot that buck. I knew right away he was a shooter! I ranged the buck at 530 yards. While the buck was walking I kept saying, please stop, please stop, stop buck the buck keep on walking until he went into a little draw out of sight.

I knew Kyle and Clay where going to be in a lot better position than me becuase they were going to be able to glass that draw were the buck desapeared out of my sight. I inmediately called them on the radio and asked them, are you on top of the knoll? We just made yes we are on top of the know they responded. Please I told them glass the top of the ridge infront of you, the ridge that is on the same side where the sun comes up in the mornings. Do you see on the top of the ridge the two tallest trees? The trees that rise above all other trees? Yes they said, -ok, a very big buck just walked 20 steps below those two trees; he was walking from left to right please glass that area and look for that buck it looked really good I told them.

Like 30 seconds later they called me on the radio and told me Ernesto, yes we found the buck. Ok I told them if you like it Kyle, shoot him. Kyle and Clay were looking at the buck through the spotting scope and were trying to decide which buck was bigger, the one they were trying to shoot or the buck I just told them where it was. Whyle they were looking at the buck on the phoneskope the buck turned his head and they said at the same time double droptine! double droptine! Kyle inmediate jumped towards his rifle and got in position to shot that buck. Clay call me on the radio and told me, Ernesto, we are going to take that buck, its 350 yards from us, I told them, take it!

Here is a picture of Clay and Kyle just moments before taking the shot..

1496030064_ClaytonandKylereadyforshot.thumb.jpg.dd2ba9c2c4c8b410af119c3d8c000837.jpg

And here is the result of a well placed shot :)

1980593939_Kylesbuck2.thumb.jpeg.9256084ceba5e7c2c6520e2c87b71550.jpeg

1739719705_kyleandme.thumb.jpeg.eb168c6dc338172aec4d29a033fccde3.jpeg

1779216492_Kylesbuck.jpeg.c5b004bceb6e790355d5b595a320bdfc.jpeg

After eveyone got their buck, now it was my turn to get a buck. On the last day of the hunt, around 4 pm or so I got this one :)

2001482101_Martinymivenado2019.thumb.jpg.2bc1cbe807c0f4df01a1b18c555984a5.jpg

523902610_Martinymivenado20192.thumb.jpg.7df4d0adffaf3f2dead7dab88d547c7b.jpg

331678393_MiVenadoAguja2019.thumb.jpg.1fe875a93e8c1e76ea4b20cb75c9a6bc.jpg

What a beautiful hunt with great people, great friends. Waiting for the next January is going to be brutal on my....I can't wait for the next hunt. Stay thirsty my friends!

Ernesto C.

• Like 13
  • Great Buck! 1

I here that, can't wait to go again myself, that first picture looks like the same gean as my buck, extra eye guard deep fronts. 

• Like 1

On 2/7/2019 at 6:34 PM, peloncillo said:

Congratulations to you guys. Some great bucks and the time spent chasing them always makes it worth while. Good job Ernesto.

Thanks Kevin and yes it's great!

Thanks guys thank you very much. Lord willing..we'll see what January 2020 have for us :)

On 6/5/2019 at 6:17 PM, Ernesto C said:

Thanks guys thank you very much. Lord willing..we'll see what January 2020 have for us :)

Hey Ernesto I can't DM you.  Say you can't receive    I have some questions about the ranch you guys hunt.  Please DM

• Like 1

On 2/1/2020 at 3:10 PM, Zeke-BE said:

Hey Ernesto I can't DM you.  Say you can't receive    I have some questions about the ranch you guys hunt.  Please DM

PM sent Zeke