longbowpilot

When do desert mule deer shed?

48 minutes ago, Bigfish86 said:

Hahahaha I honestly think it's a bighorned desert coues antelope a very rare species that we have in 37A catfish kev

Sell it to rebel76, make sure to emphasize the word RARE!

Its obvious that you sir have a serious eye for collectable RARE things and definitely are a great business man when it comes to these things I hope I can learn a thing or two from you one day.

• Like 1

That is a rare 37b Cows deer.  Or it could be a rare jackalope.  

As to when they shed, I think it has something to do with when the easter rabbit sees his shadow.  

• Like 1

We started this year looking in desert in southern AZ. in 4 trips we have found 20 or so.

My son and I split up and combined walk 20-25 miles a day one day a weekend. we have 4 trips in so far so this year 80-100 miles of searching.

Most of the sheds have been in one area, yes we are also looking for trails and rubs in preparation we get drawn this year.

20210502_084118.jpg

20210508_102632.jpg

20210514_075320.jpg

20210516_091126.jpg

• Like 6
  • Wow! 1

6 hours ago, Buckskull said:

We started this year looking in desert in southern AZ. in 4 trips we have found 20 or so.

My son and I split up and combined walk 20-25 miles a day one day a weekend. we have 4 trips in so far so this year 80-100 miles of searching.

Most of the sheds have been in one area, yes we are also looking for trails and rubs in preparation we get drawn this year.

20210502_084118.jpg

20210508_102632.jpg

20210514_075320.jpg

20210516_091126.jpg

Great finds and welcome to the forum! How bout another angle of the third pic?

Most people keep their cards close to their chest when it comes to hunting and fishing locations and I don't blame them.  I've had a couple quail and javelina spots that I shared with others and they have since been ruined for hunting.   IMO the Best kept secret in hunting is people's shed finding locations.  In all my years of hunting I have only been given one very good place to go for hunting (spring turkey) the rest I have found on my own or when out with hunting buddies.  Sorry, I noticed this is not totally on topic but when I read a looked at pics, this is what came to mind.

• Like 3