Pistolpete

Good luck HAM hunters

7 minutes ago, Goldfinger78 said:

Had a chance today but screwed 4 times ouch.  Bad day for me but will be back at it tomorrow.

Good luck Chris.

• Like 1

Took my wife out today, we both have tags. Didn't see any pigs. Lots of desert muleys. It was frustrating because she has had a nightmare of a week and we couldn't get out until today. I was really hoping to come through for her. ☹️

• Like 1

We don't use calls on Javelina. Puts to much stress on the herd and can move them out of their area for weeks even months sometimes. That and it's just unnecessary on an animal that is near blind and willing to tolerate a lot of mistakes. If you can't get within 15 yards of a feeding Javelina you may want to consider a different life style. Just something to consider before you ruin your area for the rest of the season.

51 minutes ago, Mr September said:

We don't use calls on Javelina. Puts to much stress on the herd and can move them out of their area for weeks even months sometimes. That and it's just unnecessary on an animal that is near blind and willing to tolerate a lot of mistakes. If you can't get within 15 yards of a feeding Javelina you may want to consider a different life style. Just something to consider before you ruin your area for the rest of the season.

Thanks but that has not been my experience. 

1 hour ago, Mr September said:

So serious...so inaccurate....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr September said:

*too

Our group took 2 on saturday, both with hand guns. Two tags to go hopefully next weekend we can turn up another herd. 

• Like 2

Got skunked all weekend, was headed down in a wash and ran into a guy coming  up with a pig in the back of the truck. Tried to find the rest but no luck  then a small herd run in front of my truck at work today. Too bad I was in another unit 

Well had another chance and screwed up again 😡.  One of our group was able to tag one so ended being a good day but man I need to learn how to finish the deal!!!

By no means do I consider myself an expert.  I've been chasing this guys for 3 years and it finally came together for me on Monday morning.  Double lunged at 20 yards, then fell over about 10 yards later.  Bear Marshall bow with 100gr G5 Montec. 

2019 Javelina.JPG

2019 Javelina 2.JPG

• Like 4