Sign in to follow this  
PowellSixO

How come this stuff never makes news in AZ???

The job of a police officer is dangerous enough without idiots like that guy being difficult. I’m not saying the cop couldn’t have done some things better, but I totally understand why he wasn’t taking any chances. You never know who you’re dealing with or what kind of crazy stuff can happen. He could have easily pulled a gun out of that bag for whatever reason. You just never know. Can’t blame that cop for making sure he goes home that day.Anyone who works as a cop, firefighter etc who deals with sketchy,unpredictable people knows where I’m coming from.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PowellSixO said:

I'm sure he was, but you can't pull someones pants down and taze them in the balls because of appearances. 

True, but you know we all have wanted to!    For some people, I think it should be done on a regular basis.  Kind of like the  shock therapy in mental treatments of old.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dustin25 said:

The job of a police officer is dangerous enough without idiots like that guy being difficult. I’m not saying the cop couldn’t have done some things better, but I totally understand why he wasn’t taking any chances. You never know who you’re dealing with or what kind of crazy stuff can happen. He could have easily pulled a gun out of that bag for whatever reason. You just never know. Can’t blame that cop for making sure he goes home that day.Anyone who works as a cop, firefighter etc who deals with sketchy,unpredictable people knows where I’m coming from.

Agree with the 1st nine words of your 1st sentence and that's it... I'm as polite as can be, even when repeatedly being stopped by cops that lie about the reasons they stop you. So annoyed that I thought of ways to record a live view of the travel lane, dash board, speed and maybe even some OBD stuff, dump the last 10 mins of video and data off site on demand for just this reason. Then when the trooper says, you forgot to signal your lane change, you can politely say, "Officer, I believe you are wrong and we can certainly check the video if you would like to discuss it further."  

This guy was not providing his ID, which he is not required to do. If you simply believe that the cop "could have done some things better", and you don't blame him for doing all that so he can make sure he went home that day, we are in very different camps.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, elecshoc said:

Brings up the question, would you take a taser to the testies for a couple mil?

Yes

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

2 hours ago, PowellSixO said:

Wait, what???   Ummm.....  As has been mentioned, it's been all over the local news.  In fact the story in the link you posted actually quotes a local news station.  🙄

1 hour ago, dustin25 said:

That justifies him tazing him in the nuts? 

1 hour ago, dustin25 said:

Don’t you think that civilians should get to go home to though 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, trphyhntr said:

Don’t you think that civilians should get to go home to though 

He did go home. I’m sure you have been tased, it’s not that bad. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Lmfao. Nah I haven’t been, yet. 

I just assumed 😎

i have been. 

The taser to the nuts thing was weird, I’m not defending that... all I’m saying is that public servants deal with unpredictable wackos all day every day. It’s easy for someone who hasn’t experienced that to say things like “he didn’t even have a weapon, why’d they tase him?”etc, but the reality is that in the moment you just don’t know. A lot better then “why didn’t the cop tase him when the guy pulled the gun out of the bag”... happens in the blink of an eye. Maybe the guy had a load of drugs he was desperate to protect. Or maybe he was tweaking and was totally unpredictable. Happens all the time. I’ve had weapons pulled on me at work, completely unprovoked, just because they’re a nut job/high.Aside from the weird nut zapping, they probably should have been able to control that guy with less force. But again, to those who haven’t had to forcibly restrain a crazy person, you never really know how smooth it’s gonna go. I just think that we hire law enforcement to do their job, if you have nothing to hide then you really have nothing to worry about.

Ya that was a little excessive, he should of tased the seat belt for not letting him go. I have a policeman in the family, and always want him to come home safely, but tase me 11 times for that, we got problems. Can't break the law to enforce it. I guess the police officer gets to live on the other side with the rest of us. He's lucky it wasn't the  Payson  keystone cops

• Like 1