Tikka

1st Javelina HAM Hunt

Just returned from my first Javelina Hunt... let me just say you guys that live in Arizona, I’m a little jealous everywhere I’ve been in your state has been really enjoyable...

Anyhow back to the hunt, day one my first 20 minutes and I passed 2 pigs at 60yds... I didn’t want it to end that soon... well little did I know that could have been the wrong decision...

Saturday morning comes around and we spot 3 more fighting and chasing each other up and down a hillside... well I miss them 3 times at ranges from 220-330yds... I wouldn’t see anything else until Monday morning...

Monday we wake up to a little snow on the ground with high hopes for some good tracking... well the snow didn’t provide anything fresh as far as tracks go and the wind was terrible... I just about called it quits for the morning when I glasses up two Javies about 1500yds out... so off I went and got into 120yds and the rest is history... 

i had a great time as always...

02A038FD-8FF3-4912-9759-48A0E7393DE5.jpeg

2DDF3C93-258C-41BE-B57F-043D68DD7330.jpeg

4F2388A1-3280-4513-B073-E480DA1B719F.jpeg

• Like 4

Sure wished I new the trick for rotating the pictures, sorry guys...

What did you shoot it with?

Javelina can be very unpredictable. In the future, I would suggest not passing opportunities on them!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

What did you shoot it with?

Javelina can be very unpredictable. In the future, I would suggest not passing opportunities on them!

I used the Rem ultimate muzzleloader in .50 cal.

I know it’s always a gamble, I just didn’t want the hunt to end before it really even began...

I don’t think I’ll do that in the future...