bojangles

Junk science, anti hunting laws, and pushover hunters

The G&F told us that CWD spread through baiting and they needed to ban it to get ahead of the problem.

LIARS

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HuntHarder said:

1/4 mile rule ruined some great hunting that I used to do.  It sucks, but I completely understand why the rule is in place.  It isn't that hard to get 1/4 mile from structures and hunt.  Lots of the neighborhood animals are almost tame.  Not a big deal IMO.  Even the best hunters can put a bad shot on an animal and then it goes into the neighborhood and it turns into a shoot show.  

Yeah, but should we just roll over?  I know an old dude that bow hunts off his back porch, cause that’s all he can muster.  Now he’s got to ask his neighbor for permission.  

Frustrating.

3 minutes ago, bojangles said:

Yeah, but should we just roll over?  I know an old dude that bow hunts off his back porch, cause that’s all he can muster.  Now he’s got to ask his neighbor for permission.  

Frustrating.

Sorry, but if I'm on my own property I feel that's different then being on public land within a quarter mile.  I'd hunt and just chance it.

I guess you can call it rolling over.  I call it adapting to the changing world we live in.  Some of the change is good, some is bad.  Drawing a hard line in the sand on EVERY issue is why our country is in the mess it is in right now.  I personally do not think the 1/4 mile rule is a big deal.  I also do not subscribe to the give an inch they'll take a mile approach on every issue.  Asking your neighbor for permission to bowhunt within 1/4 mile of their residence is not a big deal.  

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, HuntHarder said:

I guess you can call it rolling over.  I call it adapting to the changing world we live in.  Some of the change is good, some is bad.  Drawing a hard line in the sand on EVERY issue is why our country is in the mess it is in right now.  I personally do not think the 1/4 mile rule is a big deal.  I also do not subscribe to the give an inch they'll take a mile approach on every issue.  Asking your neighbor for permission to bowhunt within 1/4 mile of their residence is not a big deal.  

Today, no urban hunting, tomorrow hounds, then cats, then bears, then archery, then all hunting.  

Do you think sport hunting will exist in 40 years?

i know a lot of guys that don’t hunt in urban areas, but then I know a lot that do.  Honestly, I could see a 100 yard rule.  That makes sense, a little comfort for neighbors.  But a 1/4 mile seems excessive in today’s developed landscape.  

Also, it’s nice to have urban zones, like a lot of states.  It’s kind of like catch and release waters for trout.  Something reserved for the bow hunters, where the rifle guys haven’t blasted things to smitherines.  

Whats more, you’d be surprised how many people literally want me to shoot elk in their yards.  Watch the video above, I think there’s a lot of unwarranted paranoia about urban hunting, but many people wholeheartedly accept it.

And, it’s a lot harder than what you think, a lot of people think of your near a house it’s like shooting fish in a barrel.  Let me tell you, it’s not.

• Like 1

I've heard they're banning all AZ coyote tournaments next. I heard that straight from an AZGFD Game Commissioner. They aren't fighting for anything anymore. They're just giving in. 

• Sad 1

G&f has signs up in my neighborhood (groom creek, south of Prescott) stating that bowhunters cannot shoot within 1/4 mile of an occupied structure, period.  If you read the note in the regs for 20a it also says this, it’s just illegal no matter who’s permission you get.  

Im sure antis have something to do with it, but in talking to the neighbors it also has a lot to do with a lack of respect for private property rules.  Apparently some “Hunters” feel it’s ok to drive their side by sides up and down the neighborhood streets and jump out to try to spook deer out of people’s yards so they can shoot them.  This plus people having deer walk through their yards with arrows in their hams (happened this year) and other non-vital hits.

i don’t know about other units, but it’s not just a problem with antis and Californians here: bow toting jackasses are equally responsible in this unit.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, mattys281 said:

G&f has signs up in my neighborhood (groom creek, south of Prescott) stating that bowhunters cannot shoot within 1/4 mile of an occupied structure, period.  If you read the note in the regs for 20a it also says this, it’s just illegal no matter who’s permission you get.  

Im sure antis have something to do with it, but in talking to the neighbors it also has a lot to do with a lack of respect for private property rules.  Apparently some “Hunters” feel it’s ok to drive their side by sides up and down the neighborhood streets and jump out to try to spook deer out of people’s yards so they can shoot them.  This plus people having deer walk through their yards with arrows in their hams (happened this year) and other non-vital hits.

i don’t know about other units, but it’s not just a problem with antis and Californians here: bow toting jackasses are equally responsible in this unit.

What a shame.

The incremental law/rule changes in hunting and gun regs are designed to eventually ban or restrict both. 

This is like the "frog in the pot of increasing heat". You don't realize what's happening until it's too late.

• Like 2

The 1/4 mile rule was brought up last yr during the same time as the trail cam ban. 

Look at the lion quota's now, some prime units will close today at sundown, they caved to the antis on that as well.

• Like 2