wildwoody

Major winter storm to hit high country

20 hours ago, 360 0r Better said:

I can remember back in the late 60s or early 70s driving to Prescott and the snow was piled about half that high 12 to 14 feet deep and I’ve seen the same thing at Jacobs Lake time to get the snow shoes out 

People back home asking.....why don't he write!!!

I use that quote all the time and no one ever gets it!

• Like 4

I remember when their were cross country ski rentals at forest lake and snow mobiles. That area would be packed with folks recreating in the snow. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, jim said:

I remember when their were cross country ski rentals at forest lake and snow mobiles. That area would be packed with folks recreating in the snow. 

Herb in Alpine used to rent them as well.......hasn't been enough snow to mess with it for 20 years!!! OK....maybe 18? :)

• Like 4

The mercury is dropping, clouds upon us. Let's see what happens. Everyone be safe.. Please 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, wildwoody said:

It's dropping in mercury is dropping, clouds upon us. Let's see what happens. Everyone be safe.. Please 

I planned to head out tomorrow after work to 16A but decided to wait until Saturday morning. piggies will still be there. No sense in pitching a tent in the rain.

• Like 2

Maybe just me, but usually when we get advanced warning of 20-30 inches of snow, it never materializes. They've already cancelled school here for Thursday and Friday in anticipation, and you can't find a bag of wood pellets anywhere on the mountain today. Not to mention crazy lines at Walmart. We'll see - it's supposed to start at 4:00 Am and dump a bunch of snow through Friday. I hope that's the case because we need as much snow up top as we can get. The lakes and streams need a good run-off spring, but it's a clear night so far. 

Got the snow-blower ready, let's cross our fingers. 

• Like 6

I here you, but being here 38 Yrs this has got all the fixings for butt kicker. Let's hope not, people are not ready..

6 minutes ago, Coach said:

Maybe just me, but usually when we get advanced warning of 20-30 inches of snow, it never materializes. They've already cancelled school here for Thursday and Friday in anticipation, and you can't find a bag of wood pellets anywhere on the mountain today. Not to mention crazy lines at Walmart. We'll see - it's supposed to start at 4:00 Am and dump a bunch of snow through Friday. I hope that's the case because we need as much snow up top as we can get. The lakes and streams need a good run-off spring, but it's a clear night so far. 

Got the snow-blower ready, let's cross our fingers. 

We just barely go the no school news for Snowflake.....like you said coach...I hope they are right but these big ones never pull through!!!!