wildwoody

Major winter storm to hit high country

1 hour ago, Coach said:

Maybe just me, but usually when we get advanced warning of 20-30 inches of snow, it never materializes. They've already cancelled school here for Thursday and Friday in anticipation, and you can't find a bag of wood pellets anywhere on the mountain today. Not to mention crazy lines at Walmart. We'll see - it's supposed to start at 4:00 Am and dump a bunch of snow through Friday. I hope that's the case because we need as much snow up top as we can get. The lakes and streams need a good run-off spring, but it's a clear night so far. 

Got the snow-blower ready, let's cross our fingers. 

Got stuck in Show Low after a surprise snowstorm dumped about 3 ft in 24 hrs in March 2006...drove up Fri night for a Sat wedding and planned to drive home afterward. Didn’t make it home until Monday. They weren’t calling for much then...

• Like 2

I hope this isn't a dud , We need it Be safe all............BOB!

• Like 2

Schools closed in Tucson thurs. fri. also.  Oh, that is because of Rodeo Days.  It may rain on the parade.  It is going to be a fun ride for them cowboys and cowgirls.  Yee Haaaa.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ThomC said:

Schools closed in Tucson thurs. fri. also.  Oh, that is because of Rodeo Days.  It may rain on the parade.  It is going to be a fun ride for them cowboys and cowgirls.  Yee Haaaa.

Not a weather thing, but I just think its pretty darn cool that Tucson still closes schools for Rodeo Days!!   Seems kinda 'old school'...... 🤠 👍

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Coach said:

Maybe just me, but usually when we get advanced warning of 20-30 inches of snow, it never materializes. They've already cancelled school here for Thursday and Friday in anticipation, and you can't find a bag of wood pellets anywhere on the mountain today. Not to mention crazy lines at Walmart. We'll see - it's supposed to start at 4:00 Am and dump a bunch of snow through Friday. I hope that's the case because we need as much snow up top as we can get. The lakes and streams need a good run-off spring, but it's a clear night so far. 

Got the snow-blower ready, let's cross our fingers. 

Not to mention Ace has had a limit of 10 bags all winter.  No pallet deliveries so someone could stock up!

• Like 1

Ya for something some said wasn't gonna happen, were getting a heck of a start. 4" in star valley, coming down hard.. 

Keep them reports coming

• Like 2

13 inches at my office in Kingman, measured in the middle of the parking lot. 3,589 feet elevation at 9:36am. Snow still coming down.

• Like 4