wildwoody

Major winter storm to hit high country

The big one was in 67 for sure. Shoveling roofs for a lot of $ at that time in Payson. When they plowed the hwy through town there was a wall of snow in the middle you couldn't see over. Broke the roof in the new Gym. They had to airlift hay for cattle out on the ranches. I was 15 then.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

I could have swore there was a really big one in pinetop in March in like 2002 but maybe it was 06 

Yeah, it was 06 or 07.

IMG_1524.thumb.JPG.1cc3496d3ace75955cb15737358f1885.JPG

• Like 1

Power want out for a few minutes back up generator work perfect, was a heck of a flash out by preacher canyon

There was a big one for 2 days in 86 or 87 ish , i remenber going to the sledding area at 87 and intersection coming up from Camp Verde .was like 41 inches, i still have the newspaper clipping of it somewhere. i remember i had a springer spaniel and she couldn't get no where the snow was so deep. it snowed on thurs. and friday, i remember going up on sunday.. I have kept alot of clippings from Historic events in the State. I can hand down to my oldest Son................BOB

8 hours ago, Coach said:

S'no beers around here,

IMG_1486.JPG.9bfc1b25ec00915b8c1bded0c28e137e.JPG

Reminds me of a big one we got in Colorado when I was in college there in about 03.

We had a 2 keg party for St. Patrick's day but a blizzard started that night. Very few people showed so we had alot of beer. It snowed over 3 feet, and they shut town down for a week. We put the kegs in the snow drifts and played alot of drunk video games. 

• Like 2

We ended up with 16 inch's at my house in Kingman yesterday and 2 more inch's over night. A lot of good water for this desert 

• Like 1