wildwoody

Major winter storm to hit high country

12 hours ago, Non-Typical Solutions said:

Where were you when this one happened?

7D314B77-4CA4-4A59-AAC5-EB6425ECF8EF.thumb.jpeg.f6b4e565c0b8973aa8f304b86f3a830c.jpeg

10th grade biology at McClintock H.S.  Teacher Mr. Cochran, was summoned to the office - it was the principal at Payson H.S. where he graduated, and maybe taught for awhile, asking him if he knew of any hot water piping, heat tape, or anything in the ceiling of the gym that would  allow them to melt some snow.  The load was way over design spec. and they were worried it was about to cave.  There are lots of stories about that storm. 

forepaw

Lots of calls for help coming in from hunters down south of arivaca... no tow trucks available...

53 minutes ago, muledeerarea33? said:

Outside of benson. Up to about 5” now.

Highway 90 was slicker then chit. Almost got sideswiped by a jeep that lost control when I pulled over to switch to 4x4. Another car in the ditch and someone butt ended someone at the Benson exit.  I told the guys screw it let go home early!

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, AZLance said:

Lots of calls for help coming in from hunters down south of arivaca... no tow trucks available...

hcLDuRj.jpg

23KeXX3.jpg

I'd say 4-5" now....

12 hours ago, Coach said:

One of the biggest I've seen was late March - 06 or 07. Think someone already had pix of it. Nobody was expecting it. It was a warm spring and out of nowhere we got about 3 feet in a weekend. I've got some pix around someplace. I always hear about the big storm way back when folks in Hon'dah were making tunnels. Can't corroborate it though. 

That's the one in 2006 when I got stuck in Show Low during a wedding...it was about 3 feet in 24 hours.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, AZLance said:

Couple inches in Tucson

20190222_091517.jpg

Same here...Houghton/Irvington. Still falling heavy at 10:45. Kids and the dog are loving it out there...treacherous morning commute for me across the backyard. :D

32 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

Highway 90 was slicker then chit. Almost got sideswiped by a jeep that lost control when I pulled over to switch to 4x4. Another car in the ditch and someone butt ended someone at the Benson exit.  I told the guys screw it let go home early!

I made it outa the drive way, up the dirt road, down the frontage road, all with no other tracks but mine. Got to the freeway and said screw it! Called the boss and went back home. Not worried about me killing myself, it’s the other drivers killing me that worries me.

• Like 3