wildwoody

Major winter storm to hit high country

I drove back home from Flagstaff yesterday via Lake Mary Rd. Water everywhere.  Upper Lake Mary is just about to spill over if it hasn't already.  Every creek and river all the way home to Mesa had running water. 

10 hours ago, PRDATR said:

I drove by McKellips and the 202 yesterday at 11:30 and it was running pretty good. There was a vehicle stuck in the middle that looked like a pickup with a camper or a minni van.

It was a minivan. Stuck on the south side of the riverbed. Water kept coming farther up the van according to the person I was talking to as we watched it from Alma School. River was FLOWING!

30 minutes ago, My Rights As An American said:

It was a minivan. Stuck on the south side of the riverbed. Water kept coming farther up the van according to the person I was talking to as we watched it from Alma School. River was FLOWING!

Arizona Canal 184 267 150 56
South Canal 335 252 310 123
Total diversions 519 519 460 89
Pumping 62 81 50 62
Total use 581 600 510 85
Flow over Granite Reef 2,053

1 hour ago, My Rights As An American said:

It was still there this afternoon.

19 hours ago, AZ8 said:

I drove back home from Flagstaff yesterday via Lake Mary Rd. Water everywhere.  Upper Lake Mary is just about to spill over if it hasn't already.  Every creek and river all the way home to Mesa had running water. 

I remember many years ago (Mid 90s, I think....), there was enough water that it spilled over and filled-up Lower Lake Mary.  We went up there and had a blast catching smallish (10-16 inch) pike.  Lots of fun!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wildwoody said:

Maybe Mormon lake will have water again..

And some Perch 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wildwoody said:

Maybe Mormon lake will have water again..

Mormon lake was filling up pretty good.  It wasn't full, but it had alot of water.  

• Like 1

Took a trip out to bartlette. 

Palo Verdes  with snapped off tops everywhere. Looked like someone stomped on them. Weight of wet snow too much for them. Thousands of limbs  broken or laying on ground -' just crazy.