wildwoody

Major winter storm to hit high country

1 hour ago, Non-Typical Solutions said:

Cottonwood wash! On most days just a trapped puddle of water in various locations!

AD0D211D-23EF-4A9F-84D9-5C4A6A7417CC.thumb.jpeg.a8958b46d8f64fb477e286079bd5bf9b.jpegFFBA5944-210A-40E8-810E-0D9FAB3EAE04.thumb.jpeg.3b695f2d4f4817e07df6273bd19cae67.jpeg58169649-7668-4585-B586-BA6DDB8DD242.thumb.jpeg.9aaa895adac0f8ffe90a60245d2f84d9.jpeg

We have had it pretty good since monsoon season. This was in June. 

Screenshot_20190305-124129_Video Player.jpg

This is the time of the year that I am most appreciative of where I live today.   Yea. we got almost 2 feet of snow here in Chino Valley, but it is all gone in less than a week.    Yippee!

In Butte. Montana, where I am from, it not only got the snow but it was followed up by a temp of 46 degrees below zero (not wind chill factor, but an honest 46 below).  In the mountains of Montana, this is the time of the year that really weighs on a person.  Winter started in the September-October (counting from the time you gotta start firing up the wood stove to heat the house) , so you are in your 5th month of winter and everybody is longing to see the snow melt and feel a warm sunshine. 

When temps are that cold in the middle of a sunny day, you can look up into the sky and see a bunch of dazzling sparkling light.  The moisture remaining in the air crystallizes and just hangs in the air reflecting light.  At times it can be quite magnificent. 

2 hours ago, MT_Sourdough said:

This is the time of the year that I am most appreciative of where I live today.   Yea. we got almost 2 feet of snow here in Chino Valley, but it is all gone in less than a week.    Yippee!

In Butte. Montana, where I am from, it not only got the snow but it was followed up by a temp of 46 degrees below zero (not wind chill factor, but an honest 46 below).  In the mountains of Montana, this is the time of the year that really weighs on a person.  Winter started in the September-October (counting from the time you gotta start firing up the wood stove to heat the house) , so you are in your 5th month of winter and everybody is longing to see the snow melt and feel a warm sunshine. 

When temps are that cold in the middle of a sunny day, you can look up into the sky and see a bunch of dazzling sparkling light.  The moisture remaining in the air crystallizes and just hangs in the air reflecting light.  At times it can be quite magnificent. 

Sounds like when I lived in Limestone Maine.

I had to look at Limestone, Maine on Google Earth.  Yikes.  Montana has the advantage of being an arid environment.  By feel, Maine I suspect is much harsher at a given temp than it would be in Montana.

This is when you'll hear the good ol' Montana Joke.  

1st guy.  "Hey, did you hear about that new California wine?"

2nd guy  "No".

1st guy  Wraps his arms around himself, squeezes and shivers and says with a shivering voice "It's cold up here!".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MT_Sourdough said:

I had to look at Limestone, Maine on Google Earth.  Yikes.  Montana has the advantage of being an arid environment.  By feel, Maine I suspect is much harsher at a given temp than it would be in Montana.

This is when you'll hear the good ol' Montana Joke.  

1st guy.  "Hey, did you hear about that new California wine?"

2nd guy  "No".

1st guy  Wraps his arms around himself, squeezes and shivers and says with a shivering voice "It's cold up here!".

Coldest I remember was -68dgF but that was with the wind chill. We averaged 140" of snow a year.

One he'll of a storm hitting mid west, semi's falling over, wide at 95 mph, crazy and poor Bob is stuck in Denver.

On 3/5/2019 at 11:45 AM, My Rights As An American said:

I used to work for Jake Flake. Great guy who is definitely missed. Pretty reasonable fellow. 

NOT!                    

So, he got a wash named after him ROTFLOLKMA.  He was a wash.  And full of it.   😑