Shooter McGavin

CZ550 American 6.5x55 SE

36 minutes ago, Big Tub said:

is the SM comparable to the Creedmoor?

If you reload it is, case capacity is slightly more than either the .260 or the Creedmoor. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Big Tub said:

is the SM comparable to the Creedmoor?

Latest issue of American Rifleman had an interesting article about this. The swede has been around forever and is ballistically near identical. The author couldn't buy into the whole creed moor craze when realistically it's got nothing on the 6.5x55 except newness.

In this platform, not a sporterized military issue, it's a great rifle and caliber.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, singleshot said:

Latest issue of American Rifleman had an interesting article about this. The swede has been around forever and is ballistically near identical. The author couldn't buy into the whole creed moor craze when realistically it's got nothing on the 6.5x55 except newness.

In this platform, not a sporterized military issue, it's a great rifle and caliber.

If Remington had put the hype into the .260 when they brought it out, like Hornady did with the Creedmoor, everyone would be shooting it instead of a 6.5 Creedmoor. I have had a .260 Remington, 6.5x55 Sweed, 6.5 Creedmoor, and currently shoot a 6.5x47 Lapua. If the truth was told there isn't a noticible difference in either.

I think a swede will out do a creedmoor by about 200fps if loaded to the same pressure.  It doesn’t require a man bun to own either.  Sweet gun and cool caliber.  

• Like 1

6.5x55 has been putting in work for 120 years. It does everything a 6.5 creedmoor does, except fit in a short action. 6.5 creedmoor is just the cool new trendy thing. 

I appreciate ALL the extra feedback and talk about this gun. It’s truly a doozy.

• Like 1

The only thing that makes things better is buying something to forget the past..........Congrats to all that drawn for elk & lope, but now that everyone has had plenty of time to wipe the tears away...you can put that money toward this rifle and get ready for deer!!!

• Haha 1

Alright, Alright, Alright.........who can’t live without this rifle?

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

TTT

Somebody besides me needs to buy these 6.5x55's.

You won't regret it if you handload. CZ rifles are extremely good values for the money spent. Both of mine are sub-moa all day. 

• Like 1

Will be in Phx 3/17, I’ll be at Reach 11 soccer complex from 12:30-2:00 and then headed back to Tucson.

Would be happy to bring with me if anybody is on the fence!!!

I’m on the fence, but I’m in ND!!  I’ll buy it if you’ll deliver!!!!   If my dang FFL wasn’t $50 for a transfer I’d be all over having you send it up.  

• Like 1

The weekend is drawing near and wanted to let all you Phoenicians plan your weekend accordingly and know that this beautiful rifle will be up there for your viewing pleasure.

I’ll be near 101/Deer Valley area (Reach 11 Soccer Compkex) on Sunday, roughly 11:45-2:00.  If interested, please text/call and we can meet up.

520-262-9677

Greg

• Like 1