azbirdhunter88

CC Hit

1 hour ago, pete said:

There might be hope. My card was hit today for 3 junior tags in which now I could careless if I get drawn because my 3 girls are going elk hunting this year.

Sincerely,

One happy dad

That's freaking awesome!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pete said:

There might be hope. My card was hit today for 3 junior tags in which now I could careless if I get drawn because my 3 girls are going elk hunting this year.

Sincerely,

One happy dad

Dang, 3 tags! What unit? We got 2 in 23.

• Like 2

We had another $135 charge show up around 4:30 PM today. I was charged $135 on a different card on Friday. Two tags for my clan, it is going to be a great year!

• Like 8

7 hours ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

You will learn, it's pretty much the same every draw. If you get a hit, so long as your bank doesnt decline the charge and you have the funds, you get a tag.

WRONG!  Some of you have WAAAY too much confidence in AGFC’s system.  Year before last. I applied for archery elk and pronghorn point only.  My cc was hit for elk tag amount.  When the portal info was uploaded, it showed elk unsuccessful, and pronghorn was successful for a rifle hunt.  Again, I applied for elk archery, pronghorn point only, and cc was hit for elk tag amount.  Final ruling from AGFC  was no tag, a refund, and lame excuse that “computer had a glitch”

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, pirogue said:

WRONG!  Some of you have WAAAY too much confidence in AGFC’s system.  Year before last. I applied for archery elk and pronghorn point only.  My cc was hit for elk tag amount.  When the portal info was uploaded, it showed elk unsuccessful, and pronghorn was successful for a rifle hunt.  Again, I applied for elk archery, pronghorn point only, and cc was hit for elk tag amount.  Final ruling from AGFC  was no tag, a refund, and lame excuse that “computer had a glitch”

That's terrible!  Sorry to hear that happened to you.  I know this entire process is bumpy and full of twisty turns, so until I see that tag I won't count my chickens no matter how tempting!

1 hour ago, Elk_Dreemr said:

That's terrible!  Sorry to hear that happened to you.  I know this entire process is bumpy and full of twisty turns, so until I see that tag I won't count my chickens no matter how tempting!

Exactly!  My cc was hit again this year.  The excitement level will not budge until I pull the tag out of the mailbox.

11 hours ago, pirogue said:

Exactly!  My cc was hit again this year.  The excitement level will not budge until I pull the tag out of the mailbox.

they've even taken the money out of the credit card so I AM COUNTING THOSE CHICKENS NOW!

13 hours ago, pirogue said:

Totally agree.  There has been a lot of "questionable" things some of us have personally seen in the electronic draw processes the G&F has used over the years.  It appears on the surface that those of who "applied for a tag", and then get a hit on a CC believe the system is working great!  Those of us who have experienced "abnormalities" in the past and have yet to have indications of a tag are naturally more skeptical. 

The "draw progress" meter on the G&F site says they're at 60%... and while I don't believe that is a true indication of actual "completeness" of the entire progress, it does indicate they're still working on it for what it's worth.

Is it true that if you have a portal account you are suppose to find out your hunt number 24 hours BEFORE someone without a portal account can find out or is that just BS?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AZHNTR67 said:

Is it true that if you have a portal account you are suppose to find out your hunt number 24 hours BEFORE someone without a portal account can find out or is that just BS?

In the past, the portal allowed you to see it a whole week earlier.

• Like 2