Big Browns

Cool Rocks Found

My wife found some really cool rocks this past weekend.  We would love to know what they are.  We are assuming they are some kind of Geods.  They have lots of crystal like formations on them.

Anyone know what they are?

20190219_181903.jpg

20190219_181900.jpg

20190217_171208.jpg

Resized_20190219_084319(1).jpeg

20190219_183600.jpg

• Like 5

Looks like some quartz Chrystal from up this way. We still need to hit them tiny clams, she would love them.

Those are pretty rad. I wish i could remember where it was but about 20 years ago i remember stumbling on a spot in the middle of nowhere a few miles from roads that had hundredsif not thousands of geods. I packed a few out and busted them open with a hammer to confirm that’s what they were. Even had purple in them. 

• Like 4

Let's take the last picture..stone on left may be a geode, picture is blurry can't  see if the crystals are also 5 sided quartz or not. much of the nodule they are formed in appears present in your pic.

When the nodule is solid with crystals it's an agate.

The specimen on the right is five sided quartz crystal which also forms in pockets and volcanic nodules.

Nice finds.

• Like 1

I found this rock tonight... was stuck in my tire and kept making a clicking noise. Drove me nuts for about 8 minutes... I’m thinking this one is a rock.44E8582A-A142-481F-926F-8AB101CC9068.thumb.jpeg.948fa3070b5964095f0c2cb91b6c1a3f.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mr. Natural said:

Here is a rock I found:

46247438405_0f2b2e0825_z.jpg

The very rare t-bone rock! Beautiful specimen.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

A rock I found often on Saturday mornings as a youngster:

School_House_Rock!.png

• Like 2

WOW, soooo much I could say!!!!!!!  I'm surprised Casey and Lance haven't chimed in on this yet:)

• Like 1

Quartz rocks but it does look like a touch of blue chryscola which means copper related