Sign in to follow this  
n2horns

ADOT lazy

54 minutes ago, akaspecials said:

Arizona are drivers are retarded to start with. And they go full retard in snow and ice. Can't blame them one bit for shutting it down, doesn't have anything to do with them being lazy.

And 4x4 and chains won't get you through 3 ft of snow and the drifts that come with it.

It’s funny because every where you go they think they have the worse drivers. I’ve been around the world and I can tell you humans suck at driving. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, stanley said:

My thoughts exactly.  Literally the biggest snow storm in that area in over 100 years, and the armchair critics pounce. 🙄

I hear ya, but not sure this is any where near the biggest in 100 years.   I’ve heard locals say we got 6 feet in ‘67.   I’ve lived here 22 years, and recall a couple of dumps that were at least close to this one.  I remembered one year, around 01ish, sunrise was purported to have the deepest base in the lower 48, I think it was 108”.

• Like 3

I can't believe you guys are defending ADOT!!!

What next.... supporting/defending AZGFD?!?!!?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

We got just over 40 inches here in Flagstaff.  Yes, we set a single day record, breaking a 100-year record for the most snow in a single day, but we've had much harder storms over the last few years.  2-3 years ago, we had 48 inches in three days and we've had multiple storms that were 30+ inches over a 2 day period.  ADOT absolutely did the right thing and for every reason everyone else has already stated.  I don't know how many folks both here in town and from the valley haul a$$ around in their 4x4 thinking they are invincible because they have a 4x4.  The storm started Wednesday night and our street finally got plowed today.  We live on the main road of our neighborhood, but some of the side streets still haven't been plowed.  ADOT is not being lazy, they are strapped for resources and trying to save lives.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, n2horns said:

So is ADOT that lazy that they can only keep 17 South open but closr 17 North?

87 is closed both ways from Payson, why cant they let 4x4 and chains go thru?

Do you work in an office?

• Like 1

Remember those two girls that decided to drive to Big Lake or Crescent Lake....something like that? Happened many years ago. 30+ maybe. They were stoned and ended up stuck on a closed road they claim ADOT didn’t check. Finally rescued by snowmobiles and then sued ADOT.

Probably why ADOT does what it does now. 

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, AZ8 said:

Remember those two girls that decided to drive to Big Lake or Crescent Lake....something like that? Happened many years ago. 30+ maybe. They were stoned and ended up stuck on a closed road they claim ADOT didn’t check. Finally rescued by snowmobiles and then sued ADOT.

Probably why ADOT does what it does now. 

They sued And got millions. They were headed to sunrise and took a wrong turn 

31 minutes ago, idgaf said:

They sued And got millions. They were headed to sunrise and took a wrong turn 

That’s right, they were heading there.  Now I remember. 

They only have so many Sow Plows . This is a desert State. And its not like We had a Hurricane or tornado come thru, Stay home a coulpe days and things will be open ,Nobody hurt or Dies, Its easy.................BOB!

• Like 1