Sign in to follow this  
257 STW

German 8mm mauser

I'm clearing out a bunch of guns i don't need or use . This one  I was told  is a German 8mm mauser it has 1881 stamped on just about every part if any one knows what its worth or wants to make me an offer pleas do so. Thanks to azav8er for recognizing that it is not what I posted it is a Spanish Mauser so if anybody is interested please make me an offer

20190222_225349.jpg

20190222_225418.jpg

20190222_225442.jpg

20190222_225425.jpg

20190222_225454.jpg

what are the marks on the top of the receiver? Is it a Mauser made in Germany? A Mauser variant chambered in 8X57mm?  

Looking more like a MOD 1916 Spanish Mauser. Google  "Spanish Mauser Home Page" see if that is what it is.

The straight stock, turned down bolt and sling mounts on the side do not appear to be German issue configuration. Have you shot it, meaning do you know for sure its 8X57mm?

The L  C   stamp in the wood behind the tang screw could be "La Crona" arsenal stamp

Looks like Spanish Mauser MOD 1916. They were originally 7X57 and in 1943 Spain converted them to 8X57. Pictures of the top of the receiver and left side would help. 

20190225_105500.jpg

20190225_105446.jpg

Ok from what I read on the Spanish Mauser page, is that if its 8X57mm then it was converted from 7mm to 8mm by the Spanish. I could not find anything about shooting these rifles or loading for them. Spain also converted a lot of 7mm to 7.62 and those do not sound like you want to fire full loaded 7.62 NATO or 308 in them. Not sure what you could sell it for.

Okay thanks for your help I really appreciate it I've never even shot it it's just sat in my safe so I'm not even sure what it's chambered in