Baboltin

New business

Not busting balls, before you start a business you must know what your target is, and you may tweak it a little but you better figure it out soon or you will fail, please don't! I like what you have but you need to get the cost of your hats way way down and don't go with no cheap hat either, anything you put your name on is an example of your business, the hat is going to be your number 1 piece of advertising, price hats very little above cost sell the crap out of them to get the name out there, just my 2 cents, good luck on your adventures

Edited by jironworks
Missed spelled
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, jironworks said:

Not busting balls, before you start a business you must know what your target is, and you may tweak it a little but you better figure it out soon or you will fail, please don't! I like what you have but you need to get the cost of your hats way way down and don't go with no cheap hat either, anything you put your name on is an example of your business, the hat is going to be your number 1 piece of advertising, price hats very little above cost sell the crap out of them to get the name out there, just my 2 cents, good luck on your adventures

I appreciate the advise and appreciate your support. Glad to hear you like what we are doing and trying to achieve! Our hats are quality hats they are flexfit / yupoong which are hats I would wear and enjoy for many years before we decided on this adventure and I would pay the same amount or more, then we have our hats listed for but I can see what you are saying as far as cutting profit margin to next to nothing in order to having advertising on everyone’s head! 

can I ask what you guys pay for a hat on average? The reason I ask is because looking over our competitor that sells hats very similar to ours sells there’s for 30 dollars a hat. 

As a business owner, I wish you luck.  That being said, I've never spent those kind of prices on name brand T's or hats, much less an unknown brand.  I paid $17 for a Sportsmans'  camo hat for hunting cause my dog ate my old one, and that  figure chapped my hide.  If I'm going to pay $20 for a T, its going to benefit one of the wildlife conservation agencies in the state.

I like the designs. I've got plenty of $20 shirts, $50 hoodies and $20 to $30 bucks a hat is pretty standard for me. I really like the coyote tee but I can screw up a white shirt in pretty short order. I think grey would be a good alternative.

I'm in need of a new hat and really like the dark grey but you don't have a description or size selection. I saw you said they were flex fit but are they s\m or l\xl ?

17 minutes ago, Kingzero said:

I like the designs. I've got plenty of $20 shirts, $50 hoodies and $20 to $30 bucks a hat is pretty standard for me. I really like the coyote tee but I can screw up a white shirt in pretty short order. I think grey would be a good alternative.

I'm in need of a new hat and really like the dark grey but you don't have a description or size selection. I saw you said they were flex fit but are they s\m or l\xl ?

Good news is we are going to offer that exact coyote shirt in a different color waiting for it from the silk screeners! They are made by flexfit but are a snap back so one size fits all. 

I have evaluated our cost and profit margin and dropped our prices on the hats so maybe that will interest more individuals. Thanks guys for your input and in the future we will be offering shirts and a portion of the sale will go towards a hunting organization. 

Sorry to be a dikk, but i have had several flex fit hats. Cabelas and sportsman and have returned a few. The band wears out in a few months and the retailers have made good on the one's i returned, but who needs to return a hat? No more flexfit for me.

4 hours ago, 5guyshunting said:

Sorry to be a dikk, but i have had several flex fit hats. Cabelas and sportsman and have returned a few. The band wears out in a few months and the retailers have made good on the one's i returned, but who needs to return a hat? No more flexfit for me.

Sorry to hear that I haven’t had the same issues with these hats and like I previously mentioned I have been wearing this style hat for years.

13 hours ago, 5guyshunting said:

I stopped wearing flex fit as well for same reasons. Get a little sweat, wear out and never come back to true. Looks like i have a bell on my head. Hats should be made to fit. New era fitted for me or good ol snapback!

Guys, the dude said the hats are flexfit brand but aren’t fitted. They are snap backs.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Baboltin said:

I have evaluated our cost and profit margin and dropped our prices on the hats so maybe that will interest more individuals. Thanks guys for your input and in the future we will be offering shirts and a portion of the sale will go towards a hunting organization. 

Free hats for Coueswhitetail.com posters with over 1700 posts would get you some good advertising.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ThomC said:

Free hats for Coueswhitetail.com posters with over 1700 posts would get you some good advertising.

I wish I could maybe one day but not at this point haha.