Baboltin

New business

I dont wear a whole lot camo I prefer earth tones. Deadeye outfitters sells the a ton of clothes that are similar to this and they hardly have any camo ,they seem to be doing very well. Just sayin.... Best of luck with the business! 

• Like 2

I'm just reading these last 5 pages and coming up to speed. 

Let me just start with, I admire what you guys are doing, turning your love of hunting into something you can be passionate about and make an honest business out of it.

Here's my take, and I'll be brutally honest. Most outdoor companies start with quality gear - packs, tents, optics, coolers, hunting clothing, guns, bows, coffee (BRCC) , the list goes on. Then, they use the success of their brand to sell tertiary things like tee shirts, caps, coffee mugs - AKA Logo Wear. 

Unless I'm missing something here, the goal is to jump right to the logo-wear, without any real gear to back it. That's not necessarily a bad plan - lots of retailers do exactly that with great success.  Abercrombie & Fitch, American Eagle, a list too long to enumerate. 

But, the thing that differentiates your target market from the afore-mentioned companies, is that you specifically target the hunting community, not so much high school and college kids. Sage Muleys, as a brand, is only going to resonate with hunters, and with no actual hunting gear to back the brand, you would have to really do something special with your apparel to make it stand out and be appealing. 

From the perspective of your target customer, I don't see anything that would make me want to purchase and wear these items. 

I'm not trying to be overly harsh, because I'd love to see you guys do well - call it constructive criticism. 

Best wishes,

Coach  

• Like 1

There’s a million poverty Instagram pages selling nicer clothes. Can’t people just hunt without hucking uncomfortable ill fitting clothing? I thought we were passed this but I guess not 

• Like 1

Here is the deal when you go into business you become a public figure,open to scrutiny from the public.  You came on this website to advertise your stuff without becoming a sponsor. You used a fake name to hide your identity.  You dont have camo which sportsmen and sportswomen love to wear even when not hunting or fishing.   Three strikes is a bad start.  I suggest that you back out and start over.  Or are you just a con man looking to scam and run.  Just because you say you are a hunter doesnt mean squat.  🍻🍻🍻

13 hours ago, SHOOTER said:

I dont wear a whole lot camo I prefer earth tones. Deadeye outfitters sells the a ton of clothes that are similar to this and they hardly have any camo ,they seem to be doing very well. Just sayin.... Best of luck with the business! 

Thank you I appreciate that and they are what we are modeling our business off of! They and hushin, and either one of them on initial start up offered Camo and still barely do, so I totally agree with you. Thank you for your support ! 

11 hours ago, Coach said:

I'm just reading these last 5 pages and coming up to speed. 

Let me just start with, I admire what you guys are doing, turning your love of hunting into something you can be passionate about and make an honest business out of it.

Here's my take, and I'll be brutally honest. Most outdoor companies start with quality gear - packs, tents, optics, coolers, hunting clothing, guns, bows, coffee (BRCC) , the list goes on. Then, they use the success of their brand to sell tertiary things like tee shirts, caps, coffee mugs - AKA Logo Wear. 

Unless I'm missing something here, the goal is to jump right to the logo-wear, without any real gear to back it. That's not necessarily a bad plan - lots of retailers do exactly that with great success.  Abercrombie & Fitch, American Eagle, a list too long to enumerate. 

But, the thing that differentiates your target market from the afore-mentioned companies, is that you specifically target the hunting community, not so much high school and college kids. Sage Muleys, as a brand, is only going to resonate with hunters, and with no actual hunting gear to back the brand, you would have to really do something special with your apparel to make it stand out and be appealing. 

From the perspective of your target customer, I don't see anything that would make me want to purchase and wear these items. 

I'm not trying to be overly harsh, because I'd love to see you guys do well - call it constructive criticism. 

Best wishes,

Coach  

We appreciate the advice and constructive criticism but I do believe you are looking at it totally different from what our goal is. We are an apparel company meaning we sell clothing, such as hushin or deadeye outfitters they are both apparel companies that market to the hunting world and are very successful, we just hope to one day be as successful as them. We appreciate your point of view and that was why I made this post. 

11 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

There’s a million poverty Instagram pages selling nicer clothes. Can’t people just hunt without hucking uncomfortable ill fitting clothing? I thought we were passed this but I guess not 

How do you know it’s ill fitting if you haven’t worn one ? 

6 hours ago, ThomC said:

Here is the deal when you go into business you become a public figure,open to scrutiny from the public.  You came on this website to advertise your stuff without becoming a sponsor. You used a fake name to hide your identity.  You dont have camo which sportsmen and sportswomen love to wear even when not hunting or fishing.   Three strikes is a bad start.  I suggest that you back out and start over.  Or are you just a con man looking to scam and run.  Just because you say you are a hunter doesnt mean squat.  🍻🍻🍻

I didn’t make this post to advertise but instead to hear from others that share the same interest as me and hear their opinion of what I am trying to do. I don’t mind becoming a site sponsor and am considering it once I figure out the correct  person to talk with. Just wasn’t aware it was a option tell this post, so at very least this post was benifical to the point of me being able to find out that is an option for myself which not only benefits my business as well as the forum!!! I’m not using a fake name by the way it’s the same name that I have used and posted with for years before this post and if you actually took the time to look at my website and read about us you would see that it’s far from a fake name but my actually name!!! Do a little research before spouting off. 

• Like 1

Strike four you dont make the rules on this site Amanda does and if you had been a poster for years you would know that.  I dont need no stinkin research but you do.  😤

There’s a lot of people as douchy as hushin but I’ve never heard any one say that’s their goal. 

12 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

That’s twice it two weeks I’ve had to agree with you. One of us needs to get to the dr to get checked out😎