BowhunterAZ

Half ton to diesel and Ford vs Chevy

Lance, the dealership put the leveling kit on.  An alignment was done.  And the neighbors truck is stock, not even leveled.  

1 hour ago, GreyGhost85 said:

How many HP does that hood scoop add?

Lol I was wondering the same thing!!!! Probably so much HP that it blew the center caps off too!!

1 hour ago, GreyGhost85 said:

How many HP does that hood scoop add?

Was on there when I bought it.

Chicks dig the (fake) hood scoop.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, HNTNGUY said:

Lol I was wondering the same thing!!!! Probably so much HP that it blew the center caps off too!!

I hunt out of my truck and take it on some fairly rough roads. The center caps would not last long if they were left on there. They are sitting in my garage.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NOTAGS said:

Lance, the dealership put the leveling kit on.  An alignment was done.  And the neighbors truck is stock, not even leveled.  

Find a new dealership!  That sucks.

3 hours ago, NOTAGS said:

That was the problem. 

When I bought my 2014 I wanted the leveling kit added with wheels and tires. Planned on running 35's. Our local dealer talked me out of it. Told me to drive it for awhile  and then decide. I bought the truck from Lawley's in NM. Freedom Ford in Thatcher talked me out of the leveling kit. I plan on keeping it stock now. It cruises down the road and handles like a dream.

I had a check engine light that I diagnosed with a handheld reader. Crankshaft position sensor. I took it to the dealer and they replaced it, another light, replaced the DEF heater, sensor etc. Turbo gauge would flake out while all this was going on, loss of power when under a heavy load. The mechanic told me that he knew the turbo was bad but they have to run all the diagnostics through Ford Inc. They are instructed what to change out and they start at the cheapest possible fix and work there way up, when said vehicle is still under warranty. So basically I got a bunch of new parts and the newer designed turbo which has better bearings.

I found this in my oil drain pan when I serviced the truck right before the turbo failed somewhere around 23,000 miles. It appears to be aluminum shavings rolled up into strands about like a wire brush would have. I was hot, but the dealer told me they would honor the warranty to 100,000 and documented it. For the next couple thousand I ran the heck out of it hoping something would fail but it's been great.

I cut the next two filters apart and all has been good since. I have about 44,000 on the truck now. 

IMG_1566.thumb.jpg.1999791f41f82dcdc493ccfe54cad6b5.jpg

19 hours ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

Not many options like that in an 07 with the 5.9L.

South bend and volair both make dual disk for 03-07 trucks. My buddy has 1 in his 03 with 5.9l. I think it sucks to drive daily but rocks for heavy towing. 

As usual in this type of question (Ford, Chev; Dodge, Winchester, Remington, Ruger, 3006, 308, Vw. ) you get many one time stories.  What does it prove, nothing.  Buy the one that fits your butt.  For pulling a camper horse trailer you need at least at 1 ton whatever.  Personally I buy White it doesnt show the az pinstripes as much 😀

• Like 2

A little late to the show, I have a 2000 F250 I bought new with 297K on the clock. It has the straight front axle and I have never experienced death wobble. It is automatic and has not been rebuilt, the engine weighs in at just over 1000 #'s and the original ball joints are tight.

To my knowledge Ford went to coil springs up front in about 05 which should give a bit smoother ride than the leafs mine has. It won't go where an ATV or jeep fits but it has been in a bunch of I wanted to get to and does not have any problems getting in rough places when in 4WD Low. I tell myself "it's a 3/4T" so a rougher ride than a smaller lighter vehicle is to be expected. I added a leaf in the front to level it out and had the work done by a spring shop. Went from the stock shocks at 90K to Bilsteins and at about 270K to Fox.

There are DEF Delete kits you can install.

2 hours ago, Hoss50 said:

South bend and volair both make dual disk for 03-07 trucks. My buddy has 1 in his 03 with 5.9l. I think it sucks to drive daily but rocks for heavy towing. 

The upgraded transmission i have in there now rocks. Tows very well. Trailer is even a little bigger than i would like from a bumper pull so it can feel slightly unstable, but the truck pulls it very well. 

My order for what you need would be:

1. Dodge 3500 with Aisin Transmission

2. Ford F350

3. Chevy/GMC 3500

The new Dodge and new Ford are darn good looking trucks. The Chevy looks ok, but that stupid low hanging DEF tank is a deal breaker for me.

I have an f250 with the 6.7.  I have been amazed where that truck has taken me.  I would avoid dodge unless you like rebuilding transmissions.  Everyone I know with a dodge has already gone through the original.