Goldfinger78

Finally!!!

After many unsuccessful attempts including some epic failures on the ham hunt this year I was able to tag out on my first javelina.  We had them bedded down in some really thick stuff around 9:40 am.  We were able to get to 123 yards and started calling.  The calls got them up but not enough to get them out of the cover.  Over the next several hours we would call and then wait.  I had plenty of time to think about how many mess ups I had on javelina hunts in the past and kept thinking please don't mess this up.  We waited patiently until approximately 2:47 pm when one of them got up and fed out of the cover to the right.  At 2:48 it was over just like that.  The curse was finally broken!!! 123 yards with my 6.5 creedmore did the trick.  Still a little in shock that it actually worked out.  Great day!!!

IMG_20190224_151750.jpg

Resized952019022495151901954606.jpg

Resized952019022495152551951779.jpg

• Like 14

16 minutes ago, elkhunter said:

Congrats.  Why did you try calling when they were bedded down? 

We were trying to get them up and catch movement.  We couldn't see them in the bed it was too thick, and there was also one area of the hill they could have gotten away from us before we got into position so after glassing for awhile with not relocating them we decided to try something.

• Like 1

Great job buddy!  The only thing you forgot to mention was how EXTREMELY BORING it was waiting on them for 4 hours!!!! 

You have become a great hunter over the past few years. Congrats!

• Like 1

Congrats Chris. how and the heck did you get Adam to sit still for 4 hours? lol I kept calling for a update but no answer. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jim said:

Congrats Chris. how and the heck did you get Adam to sit still for 4 hours? lol I kept calling for a update but no answer. 

Lol I told him to go look for some cool rocks on the other side of the hill.  That kept him occupied for a little while😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1