Sign in to follow this  
452b264

Gun Rights!

Who on this site belongs to Gun Owners of America or the NRA or both? Have you read the new bills being introduced in the House ?

https://gunowners.org/

Click on the link and send a message to your rep. You do not have to be a member.

I heard about this on NPR yesterday. They, of course, did not include any of the information on bullet points 2 & 3. The only thing advertised was mandatory background checks.

• Mandating UNIVERSAL background checks
  • BANNING all private gun sales
  • Creating a federal registry of ALL U.S. Gun Owners

2 hours ago, CouesPursuit said:

I heard about this on NPR yesterday. They, of course, did not include any of the information on bullet points 2 & 3. The only thing advertised was mandatory background checks.

• Mandating UNIVERSAL background checks
  • BANNING all private gun sales
  • Creating a federal registry of ALL U.S. Gun Owners

They want our guns. The more of us that call, send emails, show up at the town hall meetings to our senators, state representatives, and Governor the better,  . They showing up by the hundreds.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AZAV8ER said:

Click on the link and send a message to your rep. You do not have to be a member.

You do not need to be a member to send them an email, but GOA is only $20 to join. The GOA and the NRA are taking the state of NY to the Supreme court this year on the right to bear arms.

I believe the bill passed in the House because of the Dem majority- best bet to stop it is contact our senators when it arrives in the Senate- All hunters and shooters NEED to join and support our gun rights groups. The dem/progs are taking our liberties one piece at a time- 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

I joined the NRA then I realized I done goofed. 

?????????   No goof there. Like our Union President told us one year, membership & participation count. Simple and cheap just be a member and give $10 a year to NRA-ILA. High rates of participation in PAC donations by membership counts a lot with politicians and does not matter how much you gave just that you did. NRA or another 2A rights group gets more clout if they can say "100% of membership gave $ to our PAC". One thing politicians respect is $. whatever your beef with NRA they are still a big player in the 2A rights arena. Heck also join and donate $ to a second 2A group kinda like voting twice.   Always Always be a HAPPY WARRIOR for your RIGHTS

Idk been reading a lot of stuff about how the nra doesn’t fight very hard for our rights. Did they do anything about bumpstocks, have they ever brought a suit against the NFA 1934 

• Like 1

Before I put my two cents in this I'll say that I'm a life member of the NRA, life member of the Arizona, California, and Texas State rifle and pistol Association. When you join the NRA your membership money goes to training, education and range work, for your money to go to any political cause it has to go to the ILA. Here is my stance, that those slippery oily, weasily scumbag politicians waste enough of my money as a taxpayer, I'm not going to give the ILA or anyone else my hard earned money to stuff into some politicians pocket, so they can waste more of it!

This House Bill is terrifying in what it is hiding. Like Coues Pursuit said, those other bullet points are the real scary ones. It would technically make me a felon if I loaned my rifle to my brother for a hunt and make him a felon for taking it. We would both need to pass a federal background check before I could legally loan him a gun. 

On 2/28/2019 at 10:16 AM, Allforelk said:

This House Bill is terrifying in what it is hiding. Like Coues Pursuit said, those other bullet points are the real scary ones. It would technically make me a felon if I loaned my rifle to my brother for a hunt and make him a felon for taking it. We would both need to pass a federal background check before I could legally loan him a gun. 

Watch this! The same Democrats that voted for this bill dont want law enforcement to be notified when an illegal immigrate tries to buy a gun.   

H.R. 8 Deprives Law-Abiding Citizens of their 2nd Amendment Rights - YouTube

On 2/28/2019 at 10:06 AM, 10Turkeys said:

Before I put my two cents in this I'll say that I'm a life member of the NRA, life member of the Arizona, California, and Texas State rifle and pistol Association. When you join the NRA your membership money goes to training, education and range work, for your money to go to any political cause it has to go to the ILA. Here is my stance, that those slippery oily, weasily scumbag politicians waste enough of my money as a taxpayer, I'm not going to give the ILA or anyone else my hard earned money to stuff into some politicians pocket, so they can waste more of it!

If your not happy with the NRA, GOA is a strong supporter of our rights at the state and federal level. 

3 hours ago, 452b264 said:

If your not happy with the NRA, GOA is a strong supporter of our rights at the state and federal level. 

I'm not happy with any organisation that is going to take my money and stuff into some politicians pocket to get them to vote they way they want them to. I know that's the way it works now, but I want no part of it. The bill was brought up in the house, still has to go through the Republican controlled Senate, then if it passes there it ends up on Trump's desk. The NRA stuffed 30 million into Trump's campaign in 2016, more than the last two elections, so there has to be a payback somewhere. Within the last year the President of the NRA, Pete Brownell has stepped down and Tom Selleck has resigned his spot on the board, something is up. They don't bother asking me for money anymore, but my wife who is a fairly new member, has had her phone blowing up.

On 2/28/2019 at 9:05 AM, trphyhntr said:

Did they do anything about bumpstocks,

I don't get the bumpstock angst. Did you feel your right to own an AR with a 30round mag was diminished because you can't get a bumpstock? Are bumpstocks accuracy or long range enhancers? To me they re a gimmick pointless to ban and not worth trading political capitol to fight for. Maybe more jawboning about how it was a gimmick that did not make anything more dangerous and that ANTIS were just show boating. I do not feel our 2A rights were in anyway diminished by this silly ban.

• Confused 1