Sign in to follow this  
ChasinTail503

Intro

Hey guys, didn't see a introduction thread. figured id introduce myself. My name is corey and I'm from Oregon. Came across this forum while doing some E-scouting for my first deer trip to AZ thats in december. 

• Like 2

The whole draw thing had me confused as to the fact it hasn’t even happened yet. Welcome to the site. If you are hunting “archery only”, take a look at the regs. Deer draw is almost upon us and best of luck. 

• Like 1

this is will be my first time, ill be going with a buddy who used to live in AZ. I've been looking at a few different units. 23/22. maybe down south in 36a. not to sure. probably hit up a few different areas while I'm there. i want to explore the wilderness in 23 but was sure how much snow y'all get. 

Arizona is a great state to hunt. Archery is a little tougher then most states but doable, you have mule deer and whitetail. If your gonna do December , try and make it late so hopefully you'll catch the beginning of the rut. Lots of topics here in the archives will give you all the info you could ever want.  Welcome

Several wilderness areas in 23 Sierra Ancha Wilderness up hi and a couple wilderness on the west side a little lower. You could run into rain and a very off chance of snow that time of year. Then it could also be warmish just don't know till its gets there.

yeah i was hoping to hunt the wilderness areas, but figured i could do all the internet scouting i want but won't know till i get there. ill be packing for a hike in trip and also have stuff for a bigger camp. keeping my options open with a few different plans 

• Like 1

Are you going after Coues or Mule deer? Where in AZ does your buddy live?  Are you familiar with glassing with a tripod?

going after both. my buddy really wants a Couse. and for me i don't really care. he doesn't  live there now, i just texted him and asked what town he did live in. i can't remember. and yes glassing with a tripod is what I'm use to doing.