Sign in to follow this  
Non-Typical Solutions

Kamala Harris making History!!!

Our senators hard at work making sure we are all safe!!!

Making History

Friend, 

As Black History Month comes to a close, I'd like to point out the history that was made just last week when the Senate unanimously passed the Justice for Victims of Lynching Act. 

Lynching is a murder. It’s torture. But after a century of trying, it’s still not a federal crime. We must speak the truth about our past. These were horrendous acts of violence motivated by racism. And victims and families never received justice.

I'm so proud we were able to get this done. With this bill we finally have a chance to offer some long overdue healing, justice and recognition to the victims of lynching and their families.

We’re now one step closer to getting this bill finally signed into law. As Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. once said, "The time is always right to do what is right."

Sincerely,
Kamala

Kamala D. Harris
United States Senator 

1 hour ago, Roosevelt Mark said:

I don't have any clue what she is talking about.

reparations

42 minutes ago, elecshoc said:

You know, I for one kinda like CW.com when it gets mildly racist around here.  Kinda keeps up the pep you know.

are you triggered? Go to your safe space 

46 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

are you triggered? Go to your safe space 

Haha no not triggered.  It's like walking in a crowd and guessing people's occupation.  In this case though, through the keyboard do we get to see the little bit of one's true nature come out.  Little comments and snarky remarks, do they hold bigger ideology or is just a bit of fun on the interwebs.  Who knows really though, I surely don't.  It's fun however to see stuff like pop up from time to time.  I mean really after a few years on here the hunting part of this can get a little repetitive.  

19 minutes ago, elecshoc said:

Haha no not triggered.  It's like walking in a crowd and guessing people's occupation.  In this case though, through the keyboard do we get to see the little bit of one's true nature come out.  Little comments and snarky remarks, do they hold bigger ideology or is just a bit of fun on the interwebs.  Who knows really though, I surely don't.  It's fun however to see stuff like pop up from time to time.  I mean really after a few years on here the hunting part of this can get a little repetitive.  

I'm triggered because the space around me is closing in and it spooks the heal out of me!!! I feel sorry for my grandkids!!!!

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, elecshoc said:

In this case though, through the keyboard do we get to see the little bit of one's true nature come out.  Little comments and snarky remarks, do they hold bigger ideology 

what comments are you referring to?

42 minutes ago, Non-Typical Solutions said:

I'm triggered because the space around me is closing in and it spooks the heal out of me!!! I feel sorry for my grandkids!!!!

You know after becoming a grandfather last year, I've been thinking a lot about the world around us and whats to become of it.  Do I really think a senator looking at passing reparations legislation is going to be the end of the country.  I really don't think so,  what would probably do more damage is to have other's on the sideline talking about getting in "one more" before anything passing.

Besides repaying peoples for past transgressions usually doesn't fly, especially those from the far past.  My bet would be that it would be more of a symbolic type of recognition.  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

what comments are you referring to?

Oh there's been a few here and there.  I mean really when someone types out porch monkey and still has to click submit without skipping a beat, then they probably got a little racist streak runnin in em.  There have a been a few other's here and there as well.  But you know, just locker room talk, no biggie.  

• Like 1