Sign in to follow this  
Non-Typical Solutions

Kamala Harris making History!!!

7 minutes ago, elecshoc said:

You know after becoming a grandfather last year, I've been thinking a lot about the world around us and whats to become of it.  Do I really think a senator looking at passing reparations legislation is going to be the end of the country.  I really don't think so,  what would probably do more damage is to have other's on the sideline talking about getting in "one more" before anything passing.

Besides repaying peoples for past transgressions usually doesn't fly, especially those from the far past.  My bet would be that it would be more of a symbolic type of recognition.  

Too bad AOC wasn't elected two years ago, before you became a grand father,  she would have pre  warned you that you shouldn't be having grand children .  In today's environment and  climate, its irresponsible. 

3 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

so are you going to quote the "racist" comments you mentioned or no?

For clarity, I'm not knocking the OP and the original post.  Nothing wrong with discussing legislation here.  But you respond to a post about lynching with a reference about getting one more in before it passes.  Then that might be taken as a little bit racist,  I don't know.  I'm just going with the flow of the discussion here.  

5 minutes ago, elecshoc said:

Oh there's been a few here and there.  I mean really when someone types out porch monkey and still has to click submit without skipping a beat, then they probably got a little racist streak runnin in em.  There have a been a few other's here and there as well.  But you know, just locker room talk, no biggie.  

i read the thread again, i didnt see that written anywhere. you came into this thread and said there was racist comments. where are they? 

3 minutes ago, elecshoc said:

For clarity, I'm not knocking the OP and the original post.  Nothing wrong with discussing legislation here.  But you respond to a post about lynching with a reference about getting one more in before it passes.  Then that might be taken as a little bit racist,  I don't know.  I'm just going with the flow of the discussion here.  

that was an obvious joke. we used to tell them before everyone got their panties in a bunch over every little thing. i cant imagine raising a kid or grandkid into a world where making a joke about a current event makes you a racist. sad.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NOTAGS said:

Too bad AOC wasn't elected two years ago, before you became a grand father,  she would have pre  warned you that you shouldn't be having grand children .  In today's environment and  climate, its irresponsible. 

Yeah, she's way too left.  I look at a situation like this though, the dems aren't going to let her do anything of substance.  Especially as a freshmen rep.   It's all talk at this point, the old guard, even the dems aren't going to let her upstage anyone with anything of substance.

People may like to think it's the winds of change, once she spins her wheels in the mud for a while.  She'll get the picture.

Her wheels don't spin, cause her drive lines not connected.  The very fact that such  an  unbelievably ignorant person, who has already proven her hypocrisy  by taking her salary during the shutdown after she campaigned that legislators should not receive any during such,  can  even get elected to public office  shows how f***ed up our country is going to be  due to the  dimwits that are voting.

5 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

that was an obvious joke. we used to tell them before everyone got their panties in a bunch over every little thing. i cant imagine raising a kid or grandkid into a world where making a joke about a current event makes you a racist. sad.

That's the whole point of me talking about it, does that little comment just the tip of the iceberg or just an one off joke.  I freely noted that I don't know, I'm not saying the poster is a racist or not.  Is it a racist joke, no doubt it is.  Is the poster racist I don't know him from anyone else on here really.  That was my point about making a joke like that and the observation after words.  

It's just a comment I noticed and am amuse at because it's really like a weird, uncomfortable comment that just makes a person wonder.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, NOTAGS said:

Her wheels don't spin, cause her drive lines not connected.  The very fact that such  an  unbelievably ignorant person, who has already proven her hypocrisy  by taking her salary during the shutdown after she campaigned that legislators should not receive any during such,  can  even get elected to public office  shows how f***ed up our country is going to be  due to the  dimwits that are voting.

Well dimwits in NY to be honest.  I say we gotta take care of us here and I'm hoping that's enough of a stronghold.

I'm not sure the point of the legislation. Is it to give money to the families of lynch victims. Or to make lynching officially a crime??? Call me crazy but I assumed dragging people behind trucks and murdering them was already illegal.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, elecshoc said:

That's the whole point of me talking about it, does that little comment just the tip of the iceberg or just an one off joke.  I freely noted that I don't know, I'm not saying the poster is a racist or not.  Is it a racist joke, no doubt it is.  Is the poster racist I don't know him from anyone else on here really.  That was my point about making a joke like that and the observation after words.  

It's just a comment I noticed and am amuse at because it's really like a weird, uncomfortable comment that just makes a person wonder.  

I like where you were going with this and thank you elecshoc for calling a spade a spade. Did so very considerately as well if I might add. I wasn't comfortable with the comment either and didn't find it funny. Apparently, some did, openly or quietly...  Bummer. I like when folks are open about their position on things like race, even respect it to a degree. 

• Like 3

She, along with 47 Democrat Senators also voted for infanticide. This nation has lost its soul. 

9 hours ago, wildwoody said:

Wow, need to get one more in before it passes..

I can only deduce that this is the post that elecshoc called out as being out of line in his opinion. 

I agree, even if it's supposed to be a joke. I think the story of the bill is completely ironic also- who gives a sh!t if it passes? The acts associated with a lynching are outright criminal already. 

Keep lighting up the campfire like it's your Facebook feed, NTS. Creates some great discussion 👍

• Like 1

It seems to me that if we are to be honest about making reparations for what one demographic did to another in the founding of this great nation, then they, me and almost all of us need to load our happy butts back up on the boats that brought us here.   There are no parts of this country's history that is free of racism and exploitation.  Events of the past can't be undone.  No amount of $$$ will change that.  Heck, go to the most Reservations and ask them how much those Uncle Sam checks fixed everything.   

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”  John Adams

• Like 2

So is faking your own attempted  lynching going to be a Federal crime?  TMZ wants to know.