AZ8

Roosevelt

Up 10 feet since the start of the February. Should keep going up into Spring! 

8966280D-144C-409C-B6D1-B5A3E1543F86.png

• Like 2
  • Love 1

It’ll get some fresh nutrients in there. Should help improve the fishing down the road. 

• Like 1

Fishing will be awesome. Last time I saw this was 2006 I think?  There was a carpet of debris on top of the water 20 ft out from the bank in the backs of all the coves. We were cast netting shad and tossing them with no weight to the edge of the carpet. Some of the best fishing I’ve ever had on that lake. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Allforelk said:

Fishing will be awesome. Last time I saw this was 2006 I think?  There was a carpet of debris on top of the water 20 ft out from the bank in the backs of all the coves. We were cast netting shad and tossing them with no weight to the edge of the carpet. Some of the best fishing I’ve ever had on that lake. 

Awesome! Yeah, looking forward to some Spring fishing! 

10 hours ago, grey curse said:

That’s good news for the skiing. Not sure about the fishing tho 

Not so much.  Lots of floating logs for motors and skiers to dodge.    

Fish and game is asking for volunteers tuesday morning 3/6 at cholla to help distribute bags of crappie and florida strain bass babies any were you would like, other than your frying pan lol. Show up in your boat and fill your honey hole.

• Like 3

My Roomate is at Havasu yesterday and today ,He is killing it but His brother is stinking it up. Nice size Fish too..................BOB!

1 hour ago, Big Tub said:

How full is Roosevelt and do they think it will fill all the way?

52%. Up another 3 feet since I started this post on Tuesday. 

I read an article, but can’t find it. Anyways, water managers say it won’t fill up, but will get a lot of runoff. If it can get to 75% that would be great!

There was an SRP rep on FOX10 this morning and he said they are projecting Roosevelt to be 70-85% full by the end of May.

• Like 5
  • Wow! 1

75% would be epic. Last time we were that high we were catching 5-8 pound bass and that was before the Florida strain. Maybe crappie fishing will come back.

• Like 2