AZ8

Roosevelt

Up 27 feet since February 1. Impressive!

Fished Sat from 9-6 and wife n I caught 2 fish. Water is muddy as heck.  One was a 4 n half pound that looked like she was already spawned out.  

Ut oh, not good. I guess top water is gonna be the way to go..

On 3/13/2019 at 7:46 PM, Adicted said:

Leaving saturday

So, how'd you do?  I am looking at next Sunday, hoping this warm weather will get things swinging.

• Like 1

It takes pretty warm daytime temps to break the 68-69 degree mark. Just hope you are on the lake when it happens. I’m planning on getting at Bartlett this coming weekend to satisfy the itch. If daytime fishing sucks, I know I can catch whiskey catfish at night and still have a decent fry. 

• Like 1

Speaking to crappie - I wasn't there first hand but I heard Alamo was just starting and some fish were being caught, especially Sunday. One guy I know caught a dozen long lining mid lake and another report I read online said a jet black male was caught in shallow water.

Reports I have from Roosevelt weren't as promising, including a fishing tournament where one fish won it and it was caught off the bottom. I have a few friends that can catch fish that got blanked, mostly due to the windy and murky water conditions. Roosevelt is going to slowly keep filling but as the surface area increases into the higher water elevations the next couple weeks, the lake will stabilize enough for the fish to get comfortable in beds. It should start this weekend after this small front passes. My somewhat educated opinion anyway..

Also had a report that even Saguaro was murky across the lake, so bad that the guy couldn't check if bass were on beds yet, can anyone confirm that one?

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, CouesPursuit said:

Speaking to crappie - I wasn't there first hand but I heard Alamo was just starting and some fish were being caught, especially Sunday. One guy I know caught a dozen long lining mid lake and another report I read online said a jet black male was caught in shallow water.

Reports I have from Roosevelt weren't as promising, including a fishing tournament where one fish won it and it was caught off the bottom. I have a few friends that can catch fish that got blanked, mostly due to the windy and murky water conditions. Roosevelt is going to slowly keep filling but as the surface area increases into the higher water elevations the next couple weeks, the lake will stabilize enough for the fish to get comfortable in beds. It should start this weekend after this small front passes. My somewhat educated opinion anyway..

Also had a report that even Saguaro was murky across the lake, so bad that the guy couldn't check if bass were on beds yet, can anyone confirm that one?

Not suprised about Saguaro.

Just read fishing report, still a ways off, water is to cold yet..

Now at 70%. Still rising! 

Unreal. I think we will fish it in 2-3 weeks for a couple of days. All of the ramps are in the water which has not happened for a long time.

Ive only seen the lake for the first time 3 years ago for the youth Elk hunt. It will be interesting to see what it looks like full!

It will be chaos for the big holiday weekends if all that free shoreline is no longer available for the tons of campers that use it.

• Like 1