AZ8

Roosevelt

8 hours ago, CatfishKev said:

Ive only seen the lake for the first time 3 years ago for the youth Elk hunt. It will be interesting to see what it looks like full!

Should have seen it in the late 70's before the dam was raised but it was pretty full last around 2004 or so.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PRDATR said:

Should have seen it in the late 70's before the dam was raised but it was pretty full last around 2004 or so.

I bet that's a sight to see. Kinda funny, saw it the first year then the next year during monsoon and saw all the brush covered with water on the north side of the lake and ignorantly thought "wow the lakes pretty high".  I guess when you don't know you just don't know! I'm pretty stoked to see what it looks like this October. 

14 hours ago, PRDATR said:

And the fishing/catching was good. 

Anybody hunt duck last year on Roosevelt.

I am fishing it Friday and will try to remember to post how it was. Hopefully the water has settled enough to get the bite turned on.

Fished the Tonto end today and five fish in 4 hours. The brush is flooded and the water color was very good. 69 degree water. Should get better in the next few weeks as the fish adjust to the new habitat.

• Like 1

On the Zone another guy said they fished yesterday and got 40 bass. Senkos in the backs of coves in 3-4 ft of water.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ringer said:

On the Zone another guy said they fished yesterday and got 40 bass. Senkos in the backs of coves in 3-4 ft of water.

The zone exists again ?