Sign in to follow this  
Bigfish86

Javelina in 37A Newman peak

So after 5 days and 25 miles on the boots of looking for these dang stinkers I still have not been able to find them I've walked countless washes glasses for what seems like entire days on end. I've found countless fresh tracks and rooting areas and even steaming piles of scat but I cant seem to find them little turds. What am I doing wrong I dont get it. On the plus side I did find a nice shed on the first day. Anybody willing to help me out here with tips or joining me next day or two?15512426110053136245887231783154.thumb.jpg.33524a2a5160949a579db33aafe14390.jpg

If you're seeing fresh tracks and other fresh sign you can often walk up on them.  Pay attention to the sign and walk in the direction they went.  Just be sure to keep the wind right (approach from down wind).  They will bust if they smell you. They don't see very well but their hearing is good and their sense of smell is excellent.

Also, great shed!  I know you want a javelina but that shed is cool and you wouldn't have found it sitting on your couch and that makes your efforts worth it. 

Now get after it and let us know how it goes.

• Like 1

Had 8 in my backyard yesterday evening in 37A.  Hunt closer to neighborhoods or golf courses they are all over marana

• Like 1