Sign in to follow this  
CatfishKev

Stainles Rem 700 LRH in 7 Rem Mag, Premium Ammo?

Shooting Hornady precision hunters 162 grain right now, grouping around an inch or so at 100.  Want to find something  better but I don't know whether I should go buy several boxes of $50 ammo or pay someone to do load development. Any suggestions on what premium store bought stuff worked for you guys?

Also, what could I expect cost wise for load develpoment?

Yeah, planned on contacting Lance.  That copper creek thing is cool, didn't even know that existed.

If you have a bone stock factory rifle that is shooting moa with factory ammo, that is cause for celebration. Say you buy a reloading kit and shrink that group to 3/4 and you only shoot 40-60 rounds a year, you will never recoup the cost of the loading equipment. Then ask yourself would I be able to kill the same stuff with my rifle shooting 1 moa than 3/4? But if you absolutely have to have it shooting in the .1s and .2s then you will have to pay. Custom action, premium barrel, aftermarket trigger and stock, and of course the stock has to be bedded. Then you are going to have to put a scope on it, and the other cost is time. You are not going to have a rifle that shoots like that without some trigger time.

• Like 1

I don't got time for that, nor do I even shoot enough to justify the expense of buying the stuff to do it.  Id be happy to pay Lance and spend my very little free time fishing.

My 700 always shot around an 1" even with my reloads for the last 25 years. This year I put on a Manners Stock and had it bedded. Now it shoots .3 MOA with Factory HSM 168's.

• Like 2