20190228_164126_zpsusiva4pk.jpg

Getting ready to rebuild Taylor's favorite rifle after 2300+ rounds.  The 6.5SLR.  I have about 430 pieces of brass already fire formed, so sticking with that cartridge.  Sending 2 pcs of fired brass, 2 loaded rounds, and a resized case with 140 HVLD seated to max mag length to help in chambering the new barrel to exactly the same dimensions.  

New Manners PRS2 w. Gen 2 mini chassis & AI mags

22" 1:8" Proof Sendero Light 

Area 419 Hellfire brake

R700SA will be reused with some PT&G bolt upgrades (spiral fluting/skeltonizing handle by LRI, Inc. and alloy shroud, carbon fiber knob) 

Cerakote in H-series Copper Brown

Swapped the Kahles K624i for a S&B PMII 3-20×50 Ultra Short already.

20190219_203638_zpsfowj2ywf.jpg

Dropping everything off at Phoenix Custom Rifles tomorrow.  Hopefully have it back in a month or so to start load development. 

I hope to lose about 4lbs off the rifle, and make it a little more compact to carry.  Losing 6" of Rem Sendero contour steel barrel length should really help in both areas. 

• Like 3

It was a legitimate .2MOA rifle.  Lately, the past 100-2]] rounds, it has opened up to .4-.5MOA.  Also has lost about 50fps.  Tried everything to bring them back in.  Stripped the barrel, adjusted charge weights and seating depth that has been good for 2000 rounds.  I figured the barrel is going south now.  So decided to go ahead and rebuild it.  It has been a great round, and now will get carried more than the 15# one that was a bear to pack around.  Barrels are disposable.  

• Like 5

Sounds like it’s going to be another incredible build! Can’t wait to see the final product. That stock looks really nice. 

I dropped all the stuff off yesterday.  

Should have the bolt back from LRI tomorrow, still have to get the handle skeltonize, because LRI said they couldn't do the PTG handle. 

Todd South at Southern Precision is going to hook me up with that work.  

thumb_3355_1600_0_0_0_crop_zpscrsgw00m.j

Todd will perform this workon the bolt handle.  Another one of his.

Screenshot_20190303-113902_Message_zpsju

can't wait

10 minutes ago, Zeke-BE said:

can't wait

Taylor will be using this for NM pronghorn this year.

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 2:25 PM, firstcoueswas80 said:

Why a brake and not a can?

Don't want/need the extra length/weight.  Trying to cut 4#+ off the weight and 6" off the length as it is.  

Weight savings on the bolt flute, skeletonized handle and CF knob?  Would trimming the shroud help at all? 

Actually there is aftermarket bolt shrouds made of aluminum. I believe I got one from Brownells one time.

• Like 1