Heat

Pronghorn Hits?

31 minutes ago, RTAYLOR said:

Anybody know what it take s to draw a 5b rifle tag?

Apparently more than 25. That was my brother and I's first choice and thats what we went into the draw with.

5 hours ago, RTAYLOR said:

Anybody know what it take s to draw a 5b rifle tag?

I drew that tag in 2012 with 7 points.  :o

What’s bp pass for 5b archery.  I had 13 and nothing.  Figure I have to be getting close 

56 minutes ago, grey curse said:

What’s bp pass for 5b archery.  I had 13 and nothing.  Figure I have to be getting close 

the 2018 tag in the BP went to someone with 19 points

5 hours ago, singleshot said:

Apparently more than 25. That was my brother and I's first choice and thats what we went into the draw with.

26 wasn't enough either.

36 minutes ago, 654321 said:

Holy smokes 19 bp for archery tag.  Wow I was way off.   Thanks

9 hours ago, abovethecoues said:

How many points for 3BS this year?

In the bonus pass the 2018  first archery hunt went to someone with 15 points and the second hunt went to someone with 12.

My son drew rifle 10 with 9bps in 2015, Archery 10 in 2017 with 3 bps and now either 10 or 5bs archery with 3bps again in 2019.  Apparently odd years with odd number of points has something do with it.  I'm at 19 now- too few for rifle and too many for me to put on an archery tag.  At least I get to hold the decoy and range--I keep telling him that I signed a few tags over to him back in the day.. time to let pops pull the trigger.  G&F should have a youth payback option! 

Sorry guys, someone’s gotta say it. Rifle antelope needs to go to OIL or at minimum a 5-10 year sit out on the draw. I wouldn’t mind seeing bull tags go to a 3-5 year sit out either. 

• Like 4

I totally agree.. too many people in this state and too few quality hunts. I would sign up for that in a heart beat if it meant I had a legitimate chance at a quality hunt every 4-5 years.  And I know wrong forum, but if you are going to have 1200 tags for deer, we need to not allow spikes to be harvested or something.... at least in rotating units.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, GreyGhost85 said:

Sorry guys, someone’s gotta say it. Rifle antelope needs to go to OIL or at minimum a 5-10 year sit out on the draw. I wouldn’t mind seeing bull tags go to a 3-5 year sit out either. 

I thought about this. I also thought about an expansion of the bonus pass to 35-40% of the available tags. If not for all units, then maybe units with premium designations/hunts? Point creep would be severely cut and people with 20+ years of point accumulation would actually have a much better chance to go hunting. This would also leave a fair amount of tags(albeit less than before)for the average guys in the random draw. Probably never happen, just a thought. 

• Like 2