Heat

Pronghorn Hits?

I have 24 BP's. Cant draw a goat tag to save my life. I just want 1 in my life. My brother drew last year with 23 an turned in the tag due to health reasons. He Drew again this year ! Just too many applicants and very limited # of tags. Congrats to all those who drew.

image047.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, GreyGhost85 said:

Sorry guys, someone’s gotta say it. Rifle antelope needs to go to OIL or at minimum a 5-10 year sit out on the draw. I wouldn’t mind seeing bull tags go to a 3-5 year sit out either. 

Says that guy with bad luck putting in for premium hunts.  Completely disagree.  Our draw system is one of the better ones out there and I really see no reason to change it.   Having a chance to draw EVERY year is what keeps people coming back.  If I had to wait a guaranteed minimum of 10 years for another chance to draw I would probably lose my want to hunt antelope all together in this state.  Is it fair for everyone?  YES!  Are some guys luckier than others? Absolutely.  Some guys also put in for hunts that they know they have a better shot of drawing as well.  

• Like 5

Crazy looking buck right there, congrats to all of you who got the tag..

• Like 1

23 points for me. No hit. My buddy at work drew 19a general with 8 points and my son drew unit 9 2 years ago with only a hunters safety point. I've been on 5 az goat hunts with other people just not my own. It will happen one of these years!

• Like 2

RTaylor...how many BP do you have?  Last year numbers shows you probably in the 15+ you've got good %.  The max points last year was 27...I hope it doesn't take me that long to draw LOL!

I went in all in on 5a (7 tags) with 15 BP for antelope and nothing for me...only crickets!  A guy I work with in the cubical next to me drew 1 of the 7 5a tags with 11 BP...that was depressing!

I'll make you all sick.  My 13 year old son drew a tag last year with 2 points.  My wife had 16 points and wanted to strangle him.  I like the draw system though because everyone has a chance every year.

Wow!! Here is the REAL depressing part...he drew the same tag last year but had to surrender it because of a conflict...2 years in a row...I need to get in touch with whomever he knows 😛 

On 3/1/2019 at 1:30 PM, Big Browns said:

Congrats jerks!!!!!!

Soo, how do you really feel?  Is this gracious jealousy?  I Like it!

Freaking antelope tags , at least rifle, are getting like sheep tags.... I drew in 2014, I will provide GF with my $13 app fee every year from now on in life with the knowledge it was most likely  my last.  Plus a decrease in tag #'s this year isnt helping.  And yes I know that was due to zero fawn recruitment in numerous areas.

18 points going into this draw. I'm 65 now, wondering if I'll get a tag while I can still hunt.

On 3/4/2019 at 4:27 PM, muley224 said:

I have 24 BP's. Cant draw a goat tag to save my life. I just want 1 in my life. My brother drew last year with 23 an turned in the tag due to health reasons. He Drew again this year ! Just too many applicants and very limited # of tags. Congrats to all those who drew.

image047.jpg

I don’t know where this pic was taken but I bet there are houses within 443 yards now.

• Like 1

Well my dad is sitting on 24 points....but it was the last year he could sign a tag over to my son.....had our fingers crossed....now we are riding 14 pts going into deer.. .we ll see

16 hours ago, Couestracker said:

18 points going into this draw. I'm 65 now, wondering if I'll get a tag while I can still hunt.

That was me last year, up to 19 and still waiting.

18 hours ago, Flatlander said:

I don’t know where this pic was taken but I bet there are houses within 443 yards now.

Got that right.  You see it was 20 years ago.