Sign in to follow this  
Elk_Dreemr

Hunt Party Rules

Just now, Elk_Dreemr said:

I'm happy no matter what man!  Thanks so much for the great tips and the good vibes.  It means so much to me.  Did you get drawn?

I'm lucky enough to have 5 kids and right now 3 are of hunting age. All 3 have killed one elk the last years. We got drawn for 2 youth tags this year (a first). Cant wait, I love helping my kids hunt. In the meantime im banking points for a primo hunt for me and my wife each. In the meantime i get to hunt with the kiddos and keep the freezer full. Not a bad gig at all!  My advice to you is learn and understand the draw process, your good now because you had minimal points and have a tag. Go do the hunters ed course and watch the AZGF YouTube videos on the draw process. The last thing you want to do is build up points and burn them on the wrong hunt. Hopefully you got beginners luck and scored a bull tag!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CatfishKev said:

I'm lucky enough to have 5 kids and right now 3 are of hunting age. All 3 have killed one elk the last years. We got drawn for 2 youth tags this year (a first). Cant wait, I love helping my kids hunt. In the meantime im banking points for a primo hunt for me and my wife each. In the meantime i get to hunt with the kiddos and keep the freezer full. Not a bad gig at all!  My advice to you is learn and understand the draw process, your good now because you had minimal points and have a tag. Go do the hunters ed course and watch the AZGF YouTube videos on the draw process. The last thing you want to do is build up points and burn them on the wrong hunt. Hopefully you got beginners luck and scored a bull tag!

That's so cool your kids have scored so consistently, the mark of excellent parenting and hunter education from you both, kudos to you!  They are very lucky to have parents who can teach them life skills at such a high level.  I'll definitely take your advice, you can never learn too much.  If I know anything, it's that I've got alot to learn about alot of stuff, not just elk hunting!