Sign in to follow this  
kidso

2x1 Alaskan Interior Grizzly Hunt Buddy Wanted

Are you going to hub out of Fairbanks? What area are you hunting in?

It’s going to be cold. It’s cold by mid September, but will ultimately depend on the terrain and elevation. Hopefully it doesn’t rain.

How long are you guys in Anchorage? Or just passing through?  

Thought this might get you pumped up for your trip- saw him on the back side of the airport near Earthquake Park.

366921C1-D1F1-4321-B5FC-CB3858C7DD94.jpeg

• Like 1

On 3/7/2019 at 6:09 PM, wildwoody said:

Do it, its your wife's money. Lol

If he goes grizzly hunting it might be her money when he gets back.

• Like 1

Sorry for the long delay, but it took me a while to recover after not tagging a grizz.  Long story short, our 10 day hunt lost one day in front due to unflyable weather, and we were extracted two days early from the field due to weather.  You can't hunt on the day you fly in, so we only had six huntable days in the field.  Of those six days, three days were rain and blizzards that kept us in survival mode.  We only had three huxtable days.  I glassed a total of 14 different bears, all being sows with cubs, except for one beautiful yellow boar we couldn't get to across a big river.  We bumped a two toned boar heading to a glassing spit and blew two stalks on him.  You can PM me for what occurred if interested. 

https://youtu.be/g5DURErbl5s

https://youtu.be/V9n7_e4-THY

Resized_20191002_082311.jpeg

Resized_20190929_195035.jpeg

• Like 5

That weather can really be unpredictable. I was hunting Caribou in a T-Shirt at 8am and sunny and it was snowing and cloudy at 11. LOL

I kept checking back every couple months to see if there was an update. After a while I figured things didn’t go as planned. It looks like that was quite an adventure with the weather. Was your hunt in October? Are you going to try it again one day?

Looks like beautiful country Keith. I enjoyed all the vids you posted about the hunt. Thanks for sharing the experience. Good glassing. Hope you get redemption one day

Thanks kidso for posting up the video! I thought it was super cool and loved getting to see the country you got to hunt. I was 100% envious of your hunt as you posted it last year and still am of the adventure you had. I'm sorry it didn't play out with a bear coming home but appreciate you sharing the experience. 

• Like 1