Sign in to follow this  
Tight Guy

Elk Draw Progress

So we had 11 people apply as individuals and only have 1 tag based on CC hits. The GFD website shows that they are 60% progress on the payment processing.

So are we screwed or is their still a chance. Seems to me the draw was a 2-3 day process and we are 8 days in.  Anybody have a answer??

Yes, you’re screwed. There were a few sraglers that got hit on mon/tue that were likely next up for people whos cards were declined. 

Yes you were not getting anymore. Time to Put a fishing reel on that bow for some bow fishing

• Like 1

That is what I thought.  Anybody have insight for Montana?

Well, I don't know of I would say you are "screwed" especially since your group does appear to have drawn a tag. The elk draw is tough. I don't think people fully appreciate it and the volume of people who apply. It took me a lot of years of patience to get the tag I have this year. 

But to answer your question. At this point it is HIGHLY unlikely you will see more tags. I think it is probably over at this point and think we will see final results posted in the next couple of business days. Maybe even today. 

rumor has it---still a chance thru today

glitch they aren't talkn about  !  ?

In my own experiences  with the draw --  if the charge is  not posted  in the first  5  hrs  - I'm not getting  drawn  -from past yrs  with CC  

20 + pts  for antelope  is starting  to  suck!

32 minutes ago, creed said:

My wife was hit late Wednesday night and I know of two other guys that were hit yesterday.  

The odds of getting hit at this point are probably akin to the odds of drawing a September rifle bull tag!  Some will get those tags, but even when someone says to you, "May the odds be ever in your favor...", it's total BS...they aren't!  haha

I was in total shock. Two muzzy hunts, one of them early. We were already making plans to go fishing in Alaska when it happened 

So did your tags already come in, or did you only apply for just those hunts?  Either way, congratulations, that's awesome! 

We're still waiting to hear what we got drawn for last Friday.  My payment posted just fine that night, why all the secrecy!?  

11 minutes ago, creed said:

No tags in the mail. The 2 hunts she applied for were muzzle loader. Hoping for the early hunt. 

Best of luck to you and your wife.  I hope you bring home a monster bull!