Sign in to follow this  
photofool

Hi-Ho Hi-Ho It's off to market I go

any reason why you don't tube out the yotes the same as the foxes?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, brademan76 said:

any reason why you don't tube out the yotes the same as the foxes?

They are all coyotes, the open ones are home tanned, As a vender I can sell them for more $ that way

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, photofool said:

They are all coyotes, the open ones are home tanned, As a vender I can sell them for more $ that way

Makes sense. Sorry I didn't really look at he ones hanging that hard to see that they're also yotes.

12 minutes ago, wildwoody said:

Nice pile, whats a yote go for these days..

I will find out tomorrow in Flagstaff

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, photofool said:

I will find out tomorrow in Flagstaff

Not enough I'm sure, but if you can get paid to hunt that's a win!

39 minutes ago, standman said:

08BA6E20-FF5B-4AA6-8A7D-739D9A30ECC7.thumb.jpeg.024752ff94bbfb60d1ea380283d3a5c2.jpeg

I sold all my coyotes last week for $70 each. 

42 minutes ago, standman said:

08BA6E20-FF5B-4AA6-8A7D-739D9A30ECC7.thumb.jpeg.024752ff94bbfb60d1ea380283d3a5c2.jpeg

I sold all my coyotes last week for $70 each. 

whoops!   I was hoping for $50 but I will take $70 . Where did you sell them

5 minutes ago, huntin4... said:

My boys have a few furs that I might take up. What do you you have to be there to put furs in the action?

Here is a quote I got from trappers association on how it will go...

You can check in any time. It's first come first served. You can check in as early as 9AM. Sales will start at 10AM. When you get to the sale you leave your fur in your vehicle and come check in and get a number. When your number is getting close you'll be called to bring your fur to the tables and place them into lots to be graded by the buyers. When your number is up you'll be your own auctioneer and buyers will write you a check directly and you can leave if desired.  If you choose to No Sale at that time and want to think about it more, you can take another number and move to the back of the line. 
We have done it this way the last couple of years and it has worked well and efficient and the sellers appreciate the chance to talk directly to the buyer. This year we have multiple buyers and a whole lot more fur. Hopefully it will continue to run smoothly. 
 Remember, the buyers want the best furs with the best put up and will pay good for them. Don't expect to get top dollar for low grade furs and bad put up. Come and have some fun, visit with other trappers, sell some fur, watch some great demos and eat some good food!