AzDiamondHeat

sxs windshield recommendations

I have a half windshield and my face gets cold. Thinking about a full or fold. 

I like the half windshield. It does a pretty good job of deflecting most of the wind out of your face. My buddy has a full windshield. While is does deflect more wind, it gets crazy dusty in his compared to mine. The dust just seems to hang in there. That high breeze that blows through the half windshield does a pretty good job of blowing the dust out. 

If you plan to drove a lot in weather (rain) the full windshield probably does better. I wear goggles in either, so it doesn't matter much. 

• Like 1

i am mostly trying to decide between glass and the poly full windshields.

with the poly our concern is scratching from branches and cleaning dust off it.  

with the glass our concern is how much vision is blocked by the frame and rock chips. 

we are using it as a full time hunting vehicle in winter and want the wind blocked. In spring/summer the windshield will come off most likely 

thoughts?

Got to go with a folding windshield.   Fold up in rain and cold mornings.  Down all other times to a half windshield. Works perfect but wish they made it in glass.  

I have a full seizmik windshield on mine.  It is poly and I just assume I will replace it after a couple years.  So far I have taken really good care of it and it still looks new.  Just have to be mindful when wiping mud off of it.  I bought a special cleaner for mine and it works great and does not scratch it.  The vents on the seizmik work great.  You can adjust them to defrost the windshield and also let in or keep out air.  If you close them, the dust will come into the cab at a higher rate.  Sure is nice to have a full windshield during the colder months.  I may or may not remove it in the summer and go with one of those bug net windshields.

i have a flip up windshield on mine, the bottom half is always on and i take the top part off in the summer and then have the full in the winter i think it;s made by kolpin 

I have a full and half windshield.  They both have positives and negatives.  If I had to do it over again I would buy the full windshield that pops out at the bottom to help with the dust.

I got rid of all windshields.  Dusty roads and looking in sun u r blind.   I use goggles and thats it

• Like 1

I have a full shield with the bottom 1/4 that comes off. Great to block the cold in the winter and good flow of Air when its warmer. 

I have a half windshield. Have only done a few trips with it and the jury is still out. This will be the first summer, so curious how it will do with the summertime temps. 

I have this one on my Honda Pioneer it is made by Super ATV it is a two piece you can ride with it closed, opened ,or with a 2-inch Gap between the lower piece and top piece to keep the Backdraft and dust down. I'll post a picture with it closed and opened

20181014_095956.jpg

20181111_123845.jpg

Check out Clearly Tough out of Utah.  They make a folding windshield that lets you run a 1/3  or a full.  They use the really hard poly.  Simple to fold up or down after a morning hunt when you want the breeze.  I have had mine for a year  of lots of use on dusty and muddy roads and its holding up great.  They were at the ISE show last year and offered a show discount.  They have a web site, and make for most SXS's.